012.

012.

Sold Off to the Devil

Sweet Home

◈

Ae-cha groaned in pain, gripping her head between her hands to try and stop the harsh ringing in her ears. She could taste blood and she felt like her head was going to explode. Opening her eyes, she realized she was hung upside down by her seatbelt and quickly tried to unbuckle herself. She managed and groaned when she fell down harshly.

Looking to the side, she saw that Yu-ri was in the same position she had been before but, seeing Hyun-soo outside of the car, she decided to let Sangwook who had already started to move towards the young woman take care of her. She grabbed her sword, thanking whoever was watching over her that she had not been stabbed with her own weapon.

Grabbing the passenger seat, she pulled herself out of the car to come to Hyun-soo's aid. The boy was now standing shakily on his feet, facing whatever monster was not making its way over to them.

Once outside, the young girl felt like screaming in terror like her school friends would when they watched horror movies. She wondered how they were dealing with actual monsters right now...

She stared up at a very familiar monster that was stomping towards them. It was the huge 'protein' monster that had attacked them and the kids when they were on the 15th floor. Only now, it was at least twenty times bigger. How in the world had it survived the fall?

Hyun-soo ran towards it, stabbing it in the ankle only to get whacked in the side, landing a few meters away in a pile of sand. The monster then grabbed a cement cylinder and threw it at him, causing Ae-cha to scream. But the boy had managed to get away and now the monster's attention was on Ae-cha who sliced its finger off when it tried to grab her.

It shouted in pain, stumbling back a bit before smacking her a bit as he had done with Hyun-soo. The girl's body slammed into his and they tumbled to the ground. As the thing started to make its way over to them, they watched as it was hit in the back by two Molotov Mr. Ahn had thrown. It groaned and fell back, its tight skin catching on fire.

The older man then rushed towards the two teenagers, helping them to their feet quickly. But before he could try and drag them to safety, his nose started to bleed profusely, meaning only one thing... he was infected.

They all raised their heads when a shadow was cast over them and stared in horror at the giant in front of them. Mr. Ahn pushed the two away from him, away from danger as the thing towered over him dangerously. "Choose life," he told them.