015.

015.

Puzzle

Sweet Home

◈

It had been three days since Jae-heon's death and Ae-cha finally decided to go visit his grave. She sat down in front of the pile of sand, her eyes focused on the paper flower Su-yeong and Yeong-su had made, a small, sad smile on her face.

Reaching over the pile of sand, she extended her hand to trace her fingers over the symbols softly.

정재헌

Her lips trembled a bit as she thought back to the first time she had met Jae-heon, when he saved her from the 'protein' monster. And then when Ji-soo wanted to throw them out because she found out they were infected but he convinced her to help them save the kids.

But the memory that hurt the most was the smile on Ji-soo's face when she had told Ae-cha that the now-deceased man wanted to start a relationship with her. It made her heart clench painfully and she could not imagine what the bassist was going through right now. She was still recovering from the surgery and her heart had been broken into a million pieces...

"I hope you're not too mad at me," The girl whispered, her head falling. "You died trying to save me..."

"I'm sure he's not mad," Someone spoke from behind her, making her jump. She turned around and looked at Mr. Han. "He loved saving people, I'm sure he's happy he died doing it," He told her and tears appeared in her eyes. The older man wheeled himself to her side and placed his hand on her shoulder. "It's okay to feel bad but you can't let the guilt control your life. What you did was a good thing, don't ever question that."

"Thank you, Mr. Han," She muttered tearfully, placing her hand over his.

"Now," He started, getting a little bit more serious, crossing his arms in his lap. She looked up, confused by his change in demeanour. "I've noticed how you tense up every time someone raises their voice or hands near you..." He trailed off when her face fell.

"Oh,"

"I know it's none of my business, Ae-cha," He said softly with a sigh. "But I'm worried and I just wanted to say that I'm here if you ever want to talk," He told her, petting the top of her head in a fatherly manner.

She stayed silent for a little while but decided that she could tell him since she was probably going to die soon. And she felt like she could trust Mr. Han. "My dad has always been abusive of me and my mom," She rasped, a single tear falling from her eye and onto the sandy floor. "And then, he got rid of my mom and... he could only take out his anger on me. I couldn't spend a day without being hit..."