004.

004.

The first floor

Sweet Home

◈

Ae-cha was woken from her slumber when something nudged her foot. Slowly, she opened her eyes and rubbed them tiredly, lifting her head from her pillow. Pillow? She did not remember getting a pillow when she went to sleep...

Opening her eyes, she looked at Hyun-soo who she had been sleeping against and blushed darkly. Something nudged her feet again and she turned around, watching Ji-soo who was standing over her. There was a smirk on her face.

"Not dating, uh?" She teased.

"Shut up!" The younger girl hissed, kicking at her shin and making her chuckle. Looking around, she realized it was already morning and that everyone else was awake.

Sitting up properly, she moved Hyun-soo's arm from around her waist to avoid any awkwardness when she would wake him up. "Hey," She whispered, slapping his cheek softly. When he only groaned and swatted her hand away, she pinched the flesh and his eyes flew open.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, catching everyone's attention since they were not used to him talking so loud. "What was that for?" He asked her, having not noticed the others yet.

"Good morning," She said with a smile before getting up.

Her words seemed to bring him back down to earth and he looked around the small unit, his cheeks turning bright pink. He looked down at his lap and scratch the back of his neck as Mr. Han chuckled at his antics.

"Did you sleep okay?" Ae-cha asked him, brushing her fingers through her hair before grabbing the air tie from around her wrist to tie it at the base of her nape. Hyun-soo nodded as an answer before pushing himself to his feet and holding his hand out to her. She grabbed it once she was done with her hair, letting him pull her up to her feet.

The intercom crackled suddenly and everyone turned towards the small machine in the upper corner of the room, waiting for something. "Survivors in the building," A masculine voice spoke, making Ae-cha's heart flutter with hope. "Take any food, medicine and weapons you have and come to the first floor. The first floor is quite safe for now, and it'll be safer to stay together. We survivors must stick together. Please come down. I repeat-"

But before the man on the other end could repeat his message which they had luckily all had heard properly, the intercom crackled once more and after that, there weren't any more sounds.

Ae-cha looked over at Hyun-soo once she had registered the information but he was already looking at her. It was clear in his eyes, he wanted to go but he was worried about something... The first floor was safe but if they came down there, would it still be as safe? Would people not want them to be kicked out or even killed since they were infected? They had not hurt anyone so far but they could not prove that...