005.

005.

Obsidian eyes

Sweet Home

◈

Ae-cha had her head leaned against Hyun-soo's shoulder when who she now knew as Seok-hyeon woke up with a jolt and sat up on the old couch of the game center where they were supposed the be confined. As they watched him look around in panic from the crates they were sitting on, she imagined how they looked like a couple from a Halloween photoshoot you would see on magazines in October. Covered in blood and dirt from head to toe, they must not have been very welcoming. The thought would have made her laugh if they were in any other situation.

"Why am I..?"

"You had a nosebleed," Hyun-soo told Seok-hyeon who turned to look at the both of them in fear. "I think it's pretty obvious,"

They were not going to be nice to that man who had clearly wanted to kill them. Yes, seven other people had voted to kick them out too but they had at least had the decency to keep it to themselves.

Pulling the tissues from his nostrils, the man looked down at them in shock. "No way," He muttered. "Why me?" He sobbed.

There was a little while of silence before he got up and walked towards the two teenagers. Lifting her head from Hyun-soo's shoulder, Ae-cha scooted away, a look of disgust on her face. He looked at them accusingly.

"I know... that you're holding out," He said. "How so?"

Hyun-soo stayed silent, looking into his eyes for a while and finding nothing worth fighting for. "You're shameless," He announced, looking away.

He gulped. "Please help me. I want to live,"

Ae-cha suddenly got to her feet and towered over the man. It was not often that she was taller than others but this man was very short. "If you wanted our help, you should not have threatened us with a blade!" She hissed, her eyes turning black once more. It was getting harder and harder to control. It would have been easier to control if everyone around here stopped making her so angry. "Or called me a whore," She added, pushing him back so he fell back on the couch.

After that, the man stayed silent and stopped bothering them. Ae-cha grabbed Hyun-soo's hand and dragged him away from the man so they could have some privacy. They sat down on two old arcades, facing each other.

"I don't know if coming here was the best idea anymore," She admitted, her voice barely above a whisper to avoid any eavesdropping.

"We couldn't have known," Hyun-soo argued, shaking his head. "At least we're safe here and we have food,"