I like things hard

July

"Argh." Nova whines, turning her phone off.

"Jerome again?"

"It's the 5th time he tried calling since I got here."

"Wow, he's really trying to get back into your good books."

"More like trying to get back in my panties."

"Well that place is occupied by me." Kaiden stands behind Nova and puts his hand in her pants, pressing against her heat while kissing her neck.

"How are things at work between the two of you?" Nova turns, placing a kiss on Kaiden's lips.

"Not bad, but something feels off - he's not his usual self. Actually he asked me to speak to you on his behalf, he figured since I invested in your modelling agency that we have some sort of working relationship."

"And what did you say?"

"That I'd try to."

"Liar." Nova giggles.

"I'm a sinner when it comes to you Miss Stratford."

Just as the pair sat down to have a drink, there was a knock on Kaiden's door.

"Kaiden, hey brother open up." Jerome announced himself sending the two into a panic.

"Go hide in my bedroom, now." Kaiden whispered and watched as Nova scurried away.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Am I interrupting something?" Jerome nods in the direction of the coffee table were two glasses sat.

See Jerome played the part of the fool, he knew Nova had just been in the room - he could still smell her perfume that lingered in the atmosphere.

"Just some girl waiting in my bed, come in."

"I need an invite to tomorrow night's charity gala and since you're one of their biggest donors I thought you could get me in."

"Yeah sure but these social events were never your kind of thing, what's changed?"

"Didn't you hear? Nova volunteered to be one of the 'win a date with' girls."

"So you're going to bid on her?"

"No, but if I can at least get her to talk to me - things should work out, I really care about her and regret messing things up." Jerome knew what he was playing at - the guilt card.

"And hey you can bring a date too and we can all go out for dinner afterwards."

"Sounds delightful."

"Great, I'll see you then."

"Hey Kaiden." Jerome stops at the front door, just before he was about to leave.

"Thanks for always having my back."

Kaiden politely smiled and watched the door close before turning around and seeing Nova emerge from the bedroom.

"You didn't tell me you're going to be at tomorrow's gala, yet alone being an incentive."

"Must have slipped my mind." She teased.

"I'm serious Nova, I don't like the idea of other men biding for your attention."

"Well then Mr. Romano, you better make sure that you have the highest offer." Nova smirked at Kaiden before laying down on his couch.