It's all coming together

After a quick shower, Kaiden and Nova found themselves sitting in the backyard - a leafy tree shading their path, children's laughter in the distance filling their silence.

"I think maybe I should start?" Kaiden warily spoke, sensing Nova's nervousness.

"No, please let me go first."

Kaiden gave Nova a comforting smile before allowing her to speak.

"I know that my memory loss has affected you the most especially after speaking to your mother - she told me the truth and after that things became much clearer, the flashbacks, how my being just never connected to Jerome's. I think it's all because I was in love with you and I want to remember what that feels like."

"Nova, you were the best thing to happen to me in a very long time and I'll be honest with you - I'm the one that put you in this situation, all because I was scared to love someone again. I wake up every day in regret, hell my life without you in it isn't one worthy of living. Star I want and need you by my side, I want to make you fall in love with me all over again because baby, I'm so in love with you and I never want to let you go again."

"What if my memories never come back? I want you loving the person I am, not was."

"Then we will create new memories and trust me, you still are the same person I fell in love with and I will spend everyday of my life proving that to you."

Seeing Nova begin to tear, Kaiden brought his lips to her own. In that moment no other words of reassurance needed to be spoken, every thought, feeling, emotion was shared through a single kiss.

"Yewww." Kaiden's nephews playfully mocked, watching the two embrace.

"Boys, your mother just took cookies out of the oven." Athena bribed, knowing her grandchildren couldn't resist a sweet treat.

"They are just like Alessio and Kaiden were at that age." Dante spoke, leaving everyone in laughter.

"Son, Nova - we need to talk."

"Not here Dante, the boys could still come outside - lets move this into the study."

Kaiden followed his parents back inside, whilst interlocking his fingers with Nova's.

"How has your relationship with Jerome being? Pre- Nova's hospitalisation." Dante questioned while pouring everyone a drink.

"He was acting a bit shady but I think that was my own guilt projecting after what Nova and I had done, once I told him the truth our friendship seemed to be back on track. Why do you ask father?"

"Because earlier on he was meeting with the new head of Brutali Fuorilegge, and your name was mentioned."

"What? Why?"

"Because Jerome wants you dead." Nova spoke, something triggering her memory.

"When I was staying with Johnny, I heard someone threatening him, I couldn't recognise the ferocious voice. I think I was high out of my mind and only heard bits of their conversation."

"Johnny had plenty of enemies, it could've been anyone star."

"Yes, but that's not all, the day Jerome came and visited me in rehab, I overheard him shouting at someone on the phone with the same tone I had heard at the mansion - that's when I left him and tried to find a way to contact you, just before the riot."

"So, Jerome knew about you and Nova long before you told him yet he still played the dotting best friend while working with Johnny to punish you both."

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."