Dangerous Liaisons

A few days later

"Amore, you look like a perfect mess." Johnny gently lifts an inebriated Nova of the floor and lays her on his bed.

"I see you've made yourself comfortable in my room." He looks around, seeing remnants of the model all around him.

"Your room is a lot nicer than mine." She sits up on her knees, barely being able to keep balance.

"So if I'm being forced to share amore, don't you think I should get something I return?" He lifts Nova's chin, holding her attention while licking his lips.

"What do you want Johnny?"

"Open your mouth."

Nova does as told while watching Johnny remove something from his pocket.

"Now swallow." He prompts after placing a small pill at the back of her throat.

"That's my good girl."

"Hmm what was that?" Nova collapses on the bed, stretching out across it.

"Just a little something I brought back from my trip. Now clean yourself up, we're going out tonight."

Nova peaked at the idea of leaving the property, it had been almost a week since her fashion show and the heartbreak that followed it. Although she had been drowning herself in an endless supply of drugs and alcohol, nothing could remove the image of Kaiden from her memory.

Kaiden's penthouse

Vicious knocks on the front door had Kaiden standing to attention, ready to swear whomever thought it was a good idea to show up unannounced.

"Dad?" He answers the door in surprise.

"What the hell were you thinking, sleeping with your best friends girl?"

"Dad." Kaiden tries to respond but was soon cut off.

"And as for this." Dante shoved a newspaper against his son's chest.

"You're behaving like an irresponsible college frat boy instead of the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company." Kaiden picks the paper off the ground and looks at it in despair.

'Kaiden Romano- just another entitled playboy.' - The headline read along with photos of his latest 'wild child' shenanigans.

"Did you ever stop to think about how this will affect the company's image? The stock price is already dropping."

"Dad please, I can't listen to any more of this. Do you honestly think this is the kind of person I want to be?" Kaiden's voice had a childlike innocence to it, much different to when he would command someone's attention and respect.

"Why don't you start telling me everything from the beginning?" Dante responded kindly, offering comfort to his son.

Kaiden explained everything to his father, only leaving out some of the more intimate details of his and Nova's relationship.

"Well that was your first mistake, I love Nikoli as if he was one of my own children but that boy has no idea what he's talking about. My biggest regret was not fighting for your mother when I had the chance and because of that I missed out on the first few months of your brother's life. You're a better man than I ever was, you don't need to back down from this fight."

Kaiden listened intently to his father's words but something kept playing on the back of his mind...

"How did you find out about Nova and I?"