Ghosts

Jerome’s p.o.v

I leaned against my balcony railing, watching the people below – so happy and carefree, couples holding hands, friends embarking on a night out that they will hardly remember come morning - which brought me back to the foundation of my own friendship with one Kaiden Romano.

Kaiden and I had met during our first year attending Princeton at some frat party where plenty of poor decisions had been made. He was clearly a ladies man, a charmer – he had game and I respected that, not to forget he came from one of the most powerful families in America which meant he was definitely someone you would want on your side.

Whereas he majored in commercial law and minored in business management, my attention was drawn sorely to human resource management – which the hard work I put in and well honestly my connection to Kaiden landed me working at my dream job with a six figure salary yet I still felt something was lacking in my life.

I thought I had found that something or rather someone when I met Andrea Pellistri – remember her from earlier on? The woman that not only cheated on me but tried to pass of another man’s baby as my own – how fucked up his that?  Kaiden did warn me she was spending too much time with her Pilate’s instructor, but I was a fool blinded by love as many of us are.

I guess he did try to be a decent friend, well up until he stuck his tongue down Nova’s throat among other places – which is reason enough for me to want to make him pay.

I was there the first time Kaiden lost his mind, how he believed he was stalked and in danger, playing the part of a victim just as an excuse for his poor decision making skills. He was belittled by everyone after that, most losing their respect for him until he clawed his way back to the top – this time I will make sure that won’t happen.

My plan to destroy Kaiden required one special person – Haley Stevens, the only girl that broke his heart. After flying to San Francisco to meet her and offering a substantial amount of money to help me ‘trick’ Kaiden, she laughed in my face and threatened to tell him about what I was getting up to – luckily a little blackmail here and there shut the bitch up real quick.

Feeling deflated, I visited a local gentleman’s club…ordered myself a whiskey on the rocks and lap dance from one of the exotic dancers. As the woman swayed her hips to my pleasure, a certain blonde took her place on stage – immediately catching my attention. It wasn’t because of her long legs and fair skin, simply put – she had a remarkable resemblance to Haley.

 A few drinks later and a promise of 100 000 thousand dollars - the woman was ready to do whatever I wanted. A quick makeover, washing out all the unnecessary glitter make up her wore and a dye of the hair along with some new clothes and I had my very own Haley Stevens, the ghost of Kaiden’s past that was going to destroy his present and future.

I must admit this plan is going to work out even better than I imagined. With O.G Haley staying in San Francisco and posting every detail of her life on social media, Kaiden would have absolutely no ground to stand on when he starts trying to convince people she has been stalking him – isn’t that just a delight?

End of p.o.v

“Don’t jump off the balcony until you pay me.”

You sure are funny, Hannah.”

“Don’t you mean Haley?” The woman smirked, accustomed to her fake identity.

You can relax, nobody is watching you. Now have you done what I asked for?”

“Here.” Hannah dropped a shoe box at Jerome’s feet.

“50 paper rings.”

That’s it? Hannah this took you 48 damn hours – time we could off spent torturing Kaiden.”