p.2

I'm glad that quite a few people are reading this story. I hope you are all enjoying it!

~~~

Wanda had gotten Emma dressed and ready in a pink dress and knee high white socks, along with a pair of black Mary Janes, and now the girl was playing with her toys on the living room floor.

Wanda was finishing tidying up the house, when she suddenly heard the sound of a helicopter over head.

Emma must have heard it too, as she stops playing to look around the room to find the source of the noise.

"Airpane, Mama?" Emma tilts her head, looking at her Mom.

"Mommy's not sure, sweetheart..." Wanda open the front door, looking out onto their drive and the street beyond it.

Wanda thinks about leaving Emma inside, but decides against in when she sees the toddler attempt to put a small block into her mouth.

"No, Emma." Wanda scolds gently, taking the block out of her daughters mouth, making Emma pout at her. "We don't put toys in our mouth."

Wanda holds out her hand for Emma to take, walking outside with her daughter to see what the noise was.

Wanda walks tentativly towards the bushes, seeing a patch of... colour?

"Mama, look!" Emma points at the red thing in the hedge, excitedly.

Wanda slowly picks it up from the hedge, revealing it to be a toy helicopter.

"Can I have it, Mama?" Emma asks, but Wanda doesn't respond as she examines the helicopter with a slightly worried look on her face.

"Look, it's the star of the show!" Wanda hears Agnes announce herself, making her drop the toy back into the hedge to hide it in panic.

"Agnes." Wanda greets, slightly flustered. "I'm sorry. What did you say?" Wanda bends down to pick Emma up, as she was trying to get the toy back from the hedge.

"Oh, I brought my pet rabbit." Agnes announces, holding up a rabbit cage, making Emma gasp in happiness. "For your magic act!"

"Bunny!" Emma cheers, looking into the cage at the rabbit.

"That's right, little one!" Agnes encourages, holding the cage closer to Emma.

"Yes, of course!" Wanda laughs, still recovering from the shock of the thing in the hedge. "Thank you, Agnes. We will take good care of him, won't we Emmy?"

Wanda takes the cage from Agnes with her free hand, waking back to the house to put the rabbit down.

"Señor Scratchy just loves the stage. He played baby Jesus in last year's Christmas pageant." Agnes calls after them, sounding like a proud Mom.

Emma was too fixated on the rabbit to recognise the conversation around her.

"Oh!" Wanda exclaims, walking inside and closing the door behind her.

"Great..." Wanda sets the rabbit on the table and puts Emma down next to it.

Emma puts her little fingers through the cage, eager to touch the rabbit.

"Carful, Emma. He may bite you." Wanda warns, making sure her hair was ok.

"He won't bite me, Mama." Emma giggles, resting her head on the table in front of the cage.

"Can we get a bunny, Mama?" Emma asks as she takes her mothers hand again.

"No sweetie, they are too much work." Wanda tells her daughter who frowns.