Chapter 43

^After 2 Days^

^wonderland pack^

Paul was at the mansion, he was busy revising few army paperwork, Mark was with him as an order of the king, he got a promotion and his position was raised, which was something he greedily felt proud of.

Paul had trouble trying to get used to doing work without Jongho, The boy did everything flawlessly compared to the useless alpha called Mark, He was on Paul's nerves all the time, even when he didn't do anything he'd still be on his nerves because he obviously hated him, yet he can't show it cuz he doesn't want any troubles,

He kept checking on Jongho every day for the past few days, he of course wasn't getting any better, his condition was only getting worse, he would stay in his wolf the whole day, he barely ate anything, he would run every day around the pack in his wolf, it helped him handling the pain and stress, paul tried to make him eat because he started to lose weight from the execisive running he was doing around the huge pack, it wasn't healthy for him but he said he doesn't care about anything in his life when Hongjoong isn't in it, Paul promised him that he will try to make them see each other.

" Colonel Paul! You're needed at the gates!" He heard the officer say as he bowed to him, he was confused and asked him

" Do you know why?"

" They say there are eleven refugees from red moon pack at the gates! they came here to seek shilter and they assume they can help us at the war!"

Paul raised his eyebrow in confusion,

"Does the king know?"

"Not yet! We thought you should check it first before telling him"

he dismissed mark and the officer as he was left alone,

Why would someone want to help another pack when there's a war, he thought of it as a trick and went to check it.

Paul went outside with his guards behind him, he walked intimidately towards the gate, he saw three cars parked in front of it, he noticed a young looking alpha standing with his head up waiting for him.

" Who are you?!"

" Sir, I'm Wong Lucas, And these are my family and friends! We need your help."

Lucas said pointing at the cars, Paul noticed the people inside them and looked back at Lucas.

" What type of help?! "

" We are seeking asylum in your pack! One of us is a mother that lost her son because of suicide, because he was in love with an alpha, two are omega couple who are officially mated for years, we came here to help you and make sure you have the upper hand after the war, we know a lot of things that would do!, Please let us stay with you and fight with you till the war, we want to return to our home and see it a new one! We want to end Kim Junmyeon's Era! and we hope you could help us! "

" And how would i know that you're not spies?! "

" Would you please come and take a look at this? "

Lucas pointed at his car, Paul looked at it cautiously looking for any sign of harm, he walked towards it where Lucas were standing, Lucas opened the car's door to the back seat and showed him Maryam.

" She has been in a coma for a month, after losing her son, she only woke up week ago and fell back ill because she broke the mating bond between her and her mate, who used to abuse their children, here look " he pointed at the blues veins around her neck indicating that she broke a mating bond short time ago.