Chapter 8

"Who knows if she's had anything to eat?" Natsu Dragneel asked "she'd probably be hungry by now" Juvia added "unless she's bought out a whole restaurant" Grace muttered earning a sharp look from her mother.

Elsewhere a bluenette held her grumbling stomach "I'm so hungry" Tsukihi said, "you're thinking about food at a time like this?" Yuri raised a brow at his companion "of course I'd be thinking about food when we've run away from two guilds and have been walking for god knows how long!" the bluenette scowled before she stopped rubbing her heels darn these heels who even invented them anyway?  the girl's look of discomfort slowly morphed into one of surprise "what are you doing?!" Tsukihi looked at the blonde "what? you said your feet hurt" the blonde only fixed his arms positioning "y-you don't have to carry me" the fire mage's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red "I-I can just take them off see?" just to show him she held up her heels which she'd taken off for the blonde to see "eh? it's much better this way" the lightning mage only glanced down at the girl "besides you were about to step on that broken piece of glass" he pointed out the sharp broken glass shard.

The citizens stared at the two pointing and whispering about the two mages some even going as far to label them a couple as they passed by them.

"Hey, you want to camp out?" Yuri suggested causing the girl to flinch "no how about staying at an inn for the night?" Tsukihi really didn't like the idea of camping since that would mean a campfire and she'd never say it out loud but she had a fear of fire since it was linked to the incident that took place when she was only 7 years old it left her scarred.

Yuri glanced at the water mage who played with her fingers "I've never met a fire mage who's afraid of fire" he let out a laugh earning a glare from the bluenette "I'm not" Tsukihi didn't want to admit her phobia to the likes of Yuri Dreyar "really? then why are you sitting over there?" Yuri gave her an amused face.

Tsukihi sighed before muttering something "hey dude don't you feel cold?" Tsukihi shook her head "no I'm a fire mage so I'm naturally warm" despite her response Tsukihi did feel cold she placed her head in her arms man I wish mom was here... silence fell over the two.

The two mages stayed in their respective corners staring off into space before the rustling of clothes could be heard and a warmth envelope the bluenette "what are you doing?" Tsukihi turned towards Yuri who pulled her closer towards him by the shoulder "you're freezing" Yuri ignored her question and confused look "you know don't you?" she sighed out "of course I do with the your acting it doesn't take a genius to figure it out" he rolled his eyes Yuri still couldn't see what Simon saw in her.

"I don't have the fondest memories of fire" ever since that incident 17 years ago Tsukihi was left so traumatized that she was afraid of her own magic since it reminded her of the horrific events she became so afraid that it lead to her completely cutting off her fire dragon slayer side from her "isn't it part of you though?" Yuri could see where she got her phobia from but completely cutting of part of your magic she might as well have cut of her magical side "you wouldn't understand how horri-" "I do since I was once afraid of my own magic when I was younger" Yuri cut her off if she could share something so personal with him he might as well share his own personal experience "no matter how much I tried I couldn't control my lightning since my dad's old man fucked me up" Tsukihi shifted towards him giving the dragon slayer undivided attention.

"So in the end I stopped denying a big part of my magic source since it could lead to it deteriorating until you're left with nothing" Tsukihi leaned back a face of fear replacing the curious one "I'll really loose all my magic energy?" her voice became soft "yeah but don't worry Tsuki" Yuri pat her hand on his knee "you seem to use it when in danger" the girl pondered on her situation no wonder she'd been getting magic blocks randomly recently she gulped I'm going to save my mana from deteriating! Tsukihi had a look of determination "that's the spirit don't let them beat you Tsuki".

In the morning the two mages leisurely made their way to the guild conversing among each other.

The guild doors opened as the two walked into fairy tail all heads turning to the duo "Tsukihi" Juvia smothered her daughter in cuddles and kisses "geez no wonder" Yuri said before he was smothered by his own mother and Gildarts who'd just returned "mom I'm fine but I could-" Tsukihi stopped as her bright forest green eyes sparkled at the sight of the food "food~" Tsukihi levitated towards the plates and plates of all her favorite dishes before taking a spoon full of the fried rice "yummy~" she looked pleased "I missed you so much I'll never leave you again" the group sweat dropped at the girls love for food.

Gildarts stopped smothering his grandson "so she's the one we were looking for?" Gildarts pointed at the bluenette who was practically breathing in the crabs "yeah that's Tsukihi she has quite a love for food" Natsu scratched his cheek "more like lives for it" Grace scoffed greeting a crab legs shell to the head "shut up you don't know me so don't pretend you bimbo!" Tsukihi yelled before going back to her meal "hey leave some for the rest of us" Yuri said "no wonder she was so hungry..." he muttered walking towards the table "I'm a growing girl with how much we ran I need this to recharge" the water mage being a dragon slayer caught the males every word "more like eat until you drop" Yuri rolled his eyes as Tsukihi stuck her tongue out at him "move over woman" he effortlessly lifted the girl up placing her right next to him Tsukihi however didn't protest since she happily ate the white rice with her spicy beef noodle soup.

Gildarts walked over to Mirajane leaning over the bar to whisper something to the bar maid who also leaned closer "I think you should rearrange you're ships..." Gildarts covered the side of his mouth with his  hand.