9

MITSUKI AND MASARU stared with confusion as (Y/N) swung her sword around

MITSUKI AND MASARU stared with confusion as (Y/N) swung her sword around. Katsuki, who was right next to his parents, let out a groan and rolled his head.

"Come on! You have to leave the fucking sword and eat! Stop pouting!!"

The girl ignored him, not even glancing his way. This made the boy irk and shoot her a glare. His mother chuckled and tilted her head.

"Katsuki's right, (Y/N)-chan. You need to come eat! I even made you ohagi!"

(Y/N) dropped the sword and ran to the woman with sparkling eyes. "Really??!"

The woman nodded and pulled the girl along, leaving the males of her family to watch as they left. Masaru turned to look at his son who was deadpanning at the girl. He laughed softly and patted his back.

"Why don't you grab her sword and bring it along? She seems attached to it."

Katsuki grumbled, but did as told. He picked up the sword, surprised at its weight. It was slightly heavy, though that wasn't what he looked at. The sword's blade was green. It was surprising to see a green bladed sword. He sighed and put it back in it's sheath.

When the boy got back to his own home, he watched from the table as his friend and mother cooked dinner. They were talking happily, something that was rare from the girl. He had always noticed how she tried to keep to herself, though at the same time, tried to be there for him.

Katsuki then remembered the two servants from five weeks ago.

'The hell her father put her family through...'

He noticed... He hadn't said anything about it, but Katsuki had noticed. Whenever he or Sanemi got too angry, (Y/N) would flinch back and have this look of fear in her eyes. It was a look that she had when she was throwing up in the bathroom.

The boy didn't know what she went through, but he sure as hell knew he should be careful with how he acts around her. She might not show it that much, but the girl was scared. She was scared and he didn't know why. She was hurting and he didn't know why. They might have become friends five weeks ago, but Katsuki would be damned if he was going to let her stay sad.

'What exactly did you go through...?'

Katsuki wanted to desperately ask. He wanted to know how to fix his friend.

"Katsuki? You're not letting go of my sword..."

(Y/N)'s voice interrupted his thoughts. He looked up, seeing the worried look she had on her face. The boy gulped softly before letting go of the sword and handing it to her. (Y/N) smiled and grabbed it, putting it back on her belt.

"Thanks." She turned to give him a questioning glance. "You okay? Seemed kinda spooked earlier..."

Katsuki waved her off, not having the motivation to speak up. The girl pouted but sat down next to him.