11

SANEMI HAD BEEN worried for his sister and their new friends

SANEMI HAD BEEN worried for his sister and their new friends. He knew that the girl was strong, but she was still a child and growing. At first, Sanemi wanted nothing more than his sister to live a normal life. Though... she had made it clear that she wanted to become a demon slayer to help people.

Sanemi loved his siblings, he really did. He missed them greatly, he missed all of them. He missed seeing (Y/N), Teiko, and Sumi giggling over something they did or said. He missed seeing his little brothers play together and drag along their sisters. He missed his mother's smile, her eyes watching them with such warmth and love. He missed everything he had...

But that was all gone. This mother had died by his and (Y/N)'s hands. His only living brother hates him and (Y/N) for killing their mother. Shuya was dead. Hiroshi was dead. Koto was dead. Teiko was dead. Sumi was dead. They were all dead and it wasn't going to change.

That was why Sanemi didn't want his little sister, his only living sister, to join the Corps. He didn't want her to live in a hell that she didn't deserve. He wanted her to live her life safely. He wanted her to settle down and go to school. He wanted her to live long enough to marry and have her own family. He wanted that for her and Genya.

And Genya... Genya. Sanemi felt like a poor older brother. He was so... consumed by anger and numbness, that he left his little brother alone. He left the brother he so dearly wants to protect. Genya was innocent, he didn't need to get involved in any of their work.

Sanemi swore if he found Genya again, he would pay for every little single thing he wanted. He would buy him a house, pay for his needs and wants, for his family.

But he couldn't find him.

So that was why Sanemi was going to work hard to kill demons. He would work harder than everyone else if it meant making his little sister kill as little demons as possible. He would work hard to make sure his little sister would stay alive and didn't encounter an early death.

So why...

"Caw! Lower Moon Four and Five have been killed! Caw! They were killed by Shinazugawa (Y/N)! Caw!"

Why wasn't he strong enough to get up and ask about his little sister.

All the Hashira stared at the crow with wide eyes, wondering if they heard that correctly. Their leader stayed quiet, looking over to the white haired male who was shaking.

"Caw! Kakushi asks for Kocho-sama's assistance! Caw!"

Sanemi felt like his world was going to turn black. The man sitting in front of them closed his eyes and frowned slightly.

"Sanemi. Shinobu. You two may go take care of (Y/N)."

The two bowed, though only Shinobu answered him. Sanemi was too shocked to speak.

"And when she's alright, please have (Y/N) come to me. It seems we're going to be having another Hashira with us..."

"Yes, Oyakata-sama..."

"I told you already, Katsuki! I'm fine!"

"Like hell you are! Your ribs are broken and your arms are wrapped in bandages!"

"You worry too much!"

"You worry too little!"

The two friends bickered and they walked through the garden. When the demon slayer had woken up, she was informed that her brother, the rest of the Hashira, and Oyakata-sama were informed of her success. She mentally grimaced, knowing how much of a scolding she was going to have from her brother.

"For the last time-"

"(Y/N)!!"

The two snapped their heads to the home, hearing the frantic voice. Katsuki glanced at the girl, seeing her tense and groan lightly. He snickered and pulled her along, hearing his mother calm down the panicking male.

"Sanemi-kun! She's fine! She's okay! She's outside with Katsuki!"

(Y/N) and Katsuki walked into the room, seeing Sanemi and Shinobu standing by the Bakugo couple. The white haired male immediately noticed her, lunging towards her and scooping her into a gentle hug.

"You idiot!"

Shinobu smiled, watching the interaction.

"Though it's rude to say, I agree with him, (Y/N)-chan. It was stupid to battle two lower moons."

The white to black haired girl grumbled but returned her brother's hug. She watched as Katsuki walked back to his parents.

"I couldn't exactly let it go though... If I hadn't done anything, they would have died..."

Sanemi pulled away from the hug and turned to the family who had stayed in their home every second since the girl had been asleep. They had been attacked? Why, of all nights?

Sanemi felt the fear creep into his heart again. Why were his friends and family always in danger? Why them? Why not him? Why is it never him?

"You... were attacked?"

"Katsuki's a marechi..."

Shinobu and Sanemi tensed, making the Bakugo family look at the three. Were they finally going to get answers? With a small glare, Katsuki spoke up and faced the three Demon Slayers.

"Okay, we've waited long enough. What the hell was that in our house? What are you people? What the fuck is a marechi?"

(Y/N) and Sanemi looked at each other before turning to Shinobu, who was more than happy to answer.

"That, dear boy, was a demon. We belong to an organization hidden from society called the Demon Slayer Corps. We kill demons, which can only come out at night."

The female held up three fingers.

"There are generally two ways to kill a demon. One, by a nichirin blade. Two, by the sun. The third is specifically used by me. I cannot decapitate demons, so I've created a poison to kill them. Wisteria is like a poison to them, they hate the flower."

The woman smiled darkly.

"You happen to be every demon's favorite type of human, dear boy. Just like the Shinzaugawa siblings, you are a Marechi. Your blood is worth 50 humans."

Mitsuki paled and looked at her son.

"You mean, he's a magnet for demons?"

The three slayers nodded. "And it's a surprise he's survived so long."

Shinobu clapped her hands.

"Well, there's nothing we can do now~ How about I fix (Y/N)-chan up and then continue our chat?"

Everyone nodded except (Y/N). The girl went rigid and shook her head.

"No way! You're medicine is disgusting as fuck! I prefer Nemi's cooking!"

"Fuck off you little shit! At least I don't whine about it!"

"Oh shut up! I know you hate it too- ow! Ow! Ow! Shinobu-san! That hurts! You're hurting my ear!!"