17

AFTER CRYING FOR so long, (Y/N) and Genya finally calmed down

AFTER CRYING FOR so long, (Y/N) and Genya finally calmed down. The two stayed quiet, sitting down on the chairs that Shinobu had in the office. The siblings didn't look at each other, only taking their time to process that they had found each other. Genya held his sister's hand tightly, sniffling a bit. He blinked and finally looked up at her, taking in her appearance.

The small girl who once had shoulder length hair, now had long hair cascading down to her lower back. The tips of white had become wider, now taking over half of her hair. Her once clear face, now had a large scar, much like his own, over her nose. Her eyes were similar to his mother's and younger sister's- so similar that he could still see them in her own pale purple orbs. There was no saying how much she had changed.

She looked so much more confident in herself- even if she was still tiny in height. The only bad thing he would have to say about having her in front of him was... her uniform. Who allowed her to dress up that way? There was no way Sanemi allowed that, right?

(Y/N) took notice of his expression at her uniform and smiled. She took a look at how much her brother had grown over the years.

He had gotten a lot taller- even taller than Sanemi. It reminded her a lot of her father's genes. His scar was nothing new to her, seeing as all the Shinazugawa siblings received one when their mother turned. His hair was extremely long now, making her want to put them into ponytails. He was more muscular as well, and (Y/N) could feel the aura of Himejima around him. She wondered how long he was with the Stone Hashira...

Then she took a look at his outfit and had a fit.

"You're a demon slayer...?!" Her brother flinched, hearing her dark tone. "Genya- Sanemi and I didn't- we didn't want you to follow in our footsteps! You should be living a normal life!"

Her twin stood up from his place, towering over her. His fearful face and sad eyes made her want to shed tears again. No matter how scary looking her brothers may have been, they were always gentle with her. And knowing Genya, who had always been so soft, she knew what was going to happen if she stayed any longer.

Genya's figure crouched a bit as the tiny girl got up.

"(Y/N), please! Do you know how long I've been trying to find you two?! I... I felt so awful when I accused you two! I wanted to find you two and make up!"

His pleas fell short as she walked towards the door. "Aniki will understand, right?"

She paused her walk- "...I don't know."

She gulped, not finding it in her to let her brother know what her brother truly felt about them being in the Corps. Swallowing her nerves, she turned around and looked up at her tall brother. His eyes- how they looked so full of longing. She didn't know if she could truly deny him this. There was no turning back now- not when she couldn't find it in herself to deny her brother's wish.