27

small chapter, but Ehhehehehe are you guys ready for this chapter? 🫢

KATSUKI WAS PANICKING again. This time, he was sure it was because of the fact that (Y/n) wasn't with him when he left their home. He tried to calm down- to listen to his own breathing- to listen to those around him- but he just couldn't. His mother wasn't much help at the moment and was just making it worse.

"Katsuki, snap out of it!" She yelled, "Man up!"

He hated that she shrugged things off. Why was it so hard for her to see that these things were her fault? If he could just talk to his mother, maybe he wouldn't have these panic attacks or anxiety attacks.

He wanted to tell her many things- many of the things that now he only tells (Y/n)... and occasionally those at the butterfly estate. He wanted to be able to talk about his problems with his parents, but they simply didn't know how to deal with it.

"(Y/n)." Was the only name that left his mouth. He wanted to see her. He needed to see if she was alright. Did... did Deku get to her?

"Katsuki!" And like a miracle, she appeared again. Her eyes were clouded with unshed tears. Her face was filled with worry. She ran to him and immediately grabbed his hand to bring to her heart. "Breath. Can you feel my heart?"

He nodded shakily. This one wasn't as bad as the one from a few weeks ago- not as bad as the one he had first. He squeezed her hand back, feeling the beating of her heart. She was safe and he was safe. They were safe.

"Do you want to go somewhere less crowded?"

She knew him so well and he adored her for that. A quick and shaky nod made her frown. She carefully stood up, bringing her with him. "Can you walk?"

He nodded again and carefully opened his eyes. His breathing was returning to normal- so was his hearing. He blinked and looked down at the girl with a small scared look.

"The box-"

"I saw. You don't have to worry about it. You need to worry about your health right now."

They made it to the room, instantly walking into it. Katsuki scowled, his eyes glaring down at her- not angry at her, but for her.

"It is important! One thing is about me, but the other is taking pictures of you! I'm fine with it because I know I can handle it better than you!"

She didn't say anything- nothing as his eyes were stuck on her bewildered face.

"You don't deserve to have this happen to you! You have enough on your plate as it is-"

He was cut off by the girl grabbing his face with both her hands. He stopped talking, his body freezing at how close she was to his face. His eyes shot down to her lips before going back to her eyes.

"Do not talk as if your well being isn't important either." She looked down and sighed, stepping closer to him. The male blinked down at her, bringing her closer to him by her waist. "You don't deserve this happening to you either, Katsuki..."

The girl looked back up, her arms falling to his shoulders. Her hands played with the ends of his hair, her fingers slightly scratching his scalp. Katsuki sighed, a small peaceful feeling in his heart.

"...Hey..." The male's face stayed neutral. He leaned his forehead against hers, a small blush on his face. "I can handle it, idiot. I'm more worried about you..."

They stayed silent for a while, just staring at each other. Katsuki moved his face a bit closer to hers, their lips brushing against each other. (Y/n) didn't react for a moment, her heart beating a bit faster. Her mind finally processed what she was about to do. She gulped and nervously looked away, stopping the male's advances.

"U-Umm! O... O-Oyakata-sama should be done telling the rest what happened." She didn't detangle her arms around the male. His eyes were still on her. "I should probably..."

"I like you." He suddenly confessed.

Her heart squeezed. Her stomach fluttered. She felt her body freeze in surprise. A small nervous look on her face was all she could do. Calming down a bit, she looked up at him again, seeing his soft gaze.

"I like you, have for a while..." He cupped her cheek with one hand and gave her a slight genuine smile. "You don't have to say anything back right now... I'll wait as long as I have to... to hear your answer."

The girl gulped, her skin burning now. The male noticed her nervousness and smirked. "Hm? Something wrong?"

"W-What?" She looked confused. Katsuki let go of her and ruffled her hair.

"I don't want this to change how we act towards each other. I want to keep acting like we've always acted."

The male leaned down, his hand brushing the bangs out of her face to place a soft kiss on her forehead. "That's why I worry, okay? That's why it's hard for me to leave you sometimes."

He could see the gears turning in her head. She brought her hands up to where he kissed her and-

"EHH?!" An embarrassed- flustered- confused- expression appeared on her face. She took a step back, her voice becoming a jumble of words as she tried to talk. When she didn't, she turned around and ran out so fast- he could see the smoke she left.

Katsuki stared after her, a soft expression on his face. He then scoffed, a blush on his cheeks. He touched his lips slightly, a chuckle leaving his lips, "...We almost kissed..."

OMAKE

Goto blushed behind the mask on his face. He gulped and sped walked away from the door, seeing the girl run out. His hands went to his chest, oddly feeling butterflies in his stomach.

"What the hell...?" Scum glasses walked over to him, a confused look in his eyes. "What's wrong with you?"

"...I just witnessed the start of love."

"What?"

"WHY THE HELL DID IT MAKE ME FLUSTERED?!"

"GOTO! CAREFUL WITH THE NEEDLES!"

"OW!"