Chapter 1

Haitani Mizuki P.O.V.

I look up from my accounting books when the door to my office opens. I see my husband and his little brother in the doorway. I lean back in my chair. "Konbanwa" he says in his sly tone of voice, as he sits down across from me as his brother closes the door behind them and sits down next to my husband. "To what do I owe this pleasure dear?" I ask, smiling slightly. "The boss wants to see you" he says. My face changes slightly. "He knows where to find me, Ran" I say. "You know he can't set foot in an all male host bar" Ran says amused, putting his fingertips together. "I own an all male host bar, an all female hostess bar, a brothel and a nail and beauty salon. If he's too scared to step foot in here, he can find me at any of the other places. Besides he knows where we live" I say annoyed. Ran doesn't respond and tilts his head slightly. "Besides if he can put people in my businesses to repay their debt to him, he can come visit me himself.." I say, crossing my arms. "Anata...." Ran says, and even though he sounds patient, I know he isn't anymore. "I will not come running when my little brother calls for me. If he wants to speak to me, he knows where to find me" I say. Ran sighs deeply and turns his head to Rindou. "I told you she would say this" he says. "I know" Rindou says. "Was that all?" I ask. Ran smiles slightly again. "You know it's not" he says. I sigh deeply then stand up. I pull away a beautiful painting of a geisha, as if it's a cabinet door, revealing a safe. After entering the code, the heavy door opens revealing large amounts of money. "I wish you wouldn't use my businesses for this..." I say, taking a couple of stacks of money and putting it in a bag. "What else can I do love?" Ran asks as I close the safe and the painting. Rindou takes the bag and leaves the office with a small goodbye. Ran stands up, puts his arm around me, resting his hand on my ass. "I'll see you tonight" he says softly before kissing me. I nod slightly before he kisses me again, then watch him leave.

"I run a legitimate business detective" I say, looking at the warrant the handsome detective in front of me holds. "Considering who your brother and your husband is, it's hardly legitimate now is it?" He asks. I glance at the women huddled together with the manager in front of them. I smile. "I have nothing to do with what my husband does. And I haven't been in contact with my brother for years, but you're welcome to take a look at my books" I say, handing back the warrant. "That's what the warrant is for after all" I say, again with a smile. "Follow me" I say, as I walk them to my office. Immediately several officers immediately start going through my books, taking pictures of the pages while the detective still tries to intimidate me. "As you can see my girls are all of legal age, and in here of their own free will. They get paid generously that is without taking tips into account." I say, leaning my butt against my desk. "Every dime going in and going out is written out so there's no confusion about anything being legal or not" I say, slightly amused. The officers start shaking their heads toward the detective who gets visibly annoyed. "Like I said, I run a legitimate business" I say. "For now. We'll be keeping an eye on you Haitani-san" he says, before turning around and walking off. I follow him, to let him out. For a moment I watch them get into their cars and leave before closing the door. "Everything alright?" The manager asks. "Yes. I do everything by the books especially because of this" I sigh. "Everyone alright?" I ask, looking at the girls who one by one nod slightly. "Please let me know if you need anything. My door is always open you know that" I say. I then take a look around and sigh. "They made a mess. Even at my office" I say, glancing at my watch. "And we have to open soon" I say. "Don't worry, I'll make sure it's cleaned before the customers come" the manager says smiling. "I know" I smile. "Why don't you make sure that you all and the place is ready before we open. I'll take care of my office and help wherever I can." I say. With that I walk to my office, placing my hands on my hips as I look at the mess they made.

My footsteps echo through the building, though I purposely stomp my feet a little bit as I'm angry. The executives of Bonten seems to be gathered, as well as some advisors. None of them seem to know me, except for Ran, Rindou and Mikey, though all of them seem surprised to see me. "You little piece of shit" I say, walking in a straight line toward Mikey, ignoring their questions who I am and what I am doing. When I reach Mikey I slap him against his cheek. Almost immediately I feel someone grabbing my hair and a gun against my head. "You've got a lot of guts, coming in here and touching Mikey like that" someone hisses in my ear. I hear another gun cocking. "You better let go of my lady, Sanzu" Ran says. Instead of doing anything, or getting scared, my eyes drift to Mikey. "So you're going to kill your last living relative too?" I ask. "Let go of her." Mikey says. "But.." the guy behind me says. "Let go of her" Mikey says again, and the guy lets go of me. "Now is not a good time, Mizuki" Mikey says. I grab Mikey's jaw "listen here you little shit. I run four businesses. I don't have the time, or the patience with you to come running when you call me" I growl. "Mizuki" Ran says. He isn't shouting, and he doesn't have to. I know that when he talks like this, I have to listen or I'm in for a world of regret. I turn my head to look at him, and he's just a couple of feet away from me. "Let go of him" Ran says, in the same tone. I immediately let go of Mikey's jaw. "Don't embarrass me like this again." Ran says, warning. "I'm sorry" I whisper. I turn to Mikey again, I look at him disgusted before turning to leave, but before I can, Mikey grabs my wrist tightly. "Neesan" he says. I don't respond. "Now is not a good time. I'll call you later" he says. I pull my wrist from his hand, pull purse over my shoulder and walk away. I can feel all of their eyes on me as I walk away. When I sit down in my car I allow myself to tremble. I bite my lower lip and try to control my breathing before starting my car and leaving.