Chapter 10

Sano Mizuki P.O.V.

Panting I stop at the police tape at Shinichiro's shop. This can't be happening. I see Mikey and make my way to him. "What happened?" I ask, placing my hands on his shoulders as two of his little friends are being taken away by the police. "I-I don't know" he says confused. "Here you are" Grandfather says as he appears beside us. He seems very serious. "Come on" he says. I take Mikey's hand and follow grandfather to a detective up ahead. "I was called" grandfather says to the detective. "Sano-san?" The detective asks. "Correct" grandfather says. "Maybe we should talk in private" The detective says after a glance at me and Mikey. "They know the gist of it" grandfather says. The detective sighs and then lets us through the tape. We follow the detective into the shop. Even though it's august and hot outside, I feel cold and getting goosebumps. Especially when I see a sheet with a large lump underneath. "First let me tell you how sorry we are for your loss" the detective says. "Usually we would do this at the police station or the morgue but we have a couple of more questions regarding the shop" the detective says. "Turn around, I don't want you to see him like this" Grandfather says. I turn Mikey around, but still glance as they pull the sheet away so grandfather can identify Shinichiro. I can feel something break inside me. "It's him" grandfather says softly and they quickly cover him. I feel Mikey's shoulders tremble underneath me, as he leans his head against my chest. Which he usually never does. I don't even know what to say, so I just stroke his hair, especially when his hands grab my shirt tightly. I can see the mouths of grandfather and the detective move as they talk but it's as if my brain isn't registering what they're saying. As grandfather walks back to me and Mikey I see the sadness on his face and tears in his eyes. "Let's go home" he says softly. "So it's true?" Mikey asks, letting go of me and wiping the tears from his eyes. "We'll talk about it at home" grandfather says. "I-I can't" I say, taking a step back. "Mizuki, it's late, let's go home" grandfather says softly. "I'm sorry" I say as tears run down my cheek. "Mizuki" grandfather says again, but I turn and run away.

It feels like my lungs are on fire and I can't breathe. My legs muscles are burning as I ran all the way to Ran's house, which is quite far. I'm not surprised to see that it's dark inside as it's quite late. I take a pebble and throw it at the one window that has light behind it. When nothing happens, I do it again. Not long after Ran appears with an annoyed look on his face. When he sees me he gestures that he'll come down. A couple of minutes later light appears behind the front door, and the door opens revealing my boyfriend without his signature pigtail braids. He opens his mouth to speak but changes his mind when he sees my face. "Come on in" he says softly, offering his hand. I take it and walk with him. I take off my shoes and follow him to his room. As soon as he closes the door behind him, I wrap my arms around his neck kissing him. Not even giving him the chance to speak. He kisses back with his hand on my hips and even allows me to push him toward his bed. "Wait a minute" Ran says as I'm about to take off his shirt, and sits down on his bed. "Not that I don't like where this is going, but what is going on?" He asks with twinkling eyes. "I want to have sex with you" I say. Ran raises his eyebrows slightly. "I don't think you do" he says. "Excuse me?" I ask offended. "I think there's something that you don't want to feel right now, and want to substitute it with sex" Ran says. "But that's something you're going to regret since we haven't done much yet" Ran says. "You don't know what you're talking about" I scoff. Ran grabs my wrist. "Come here" he says, pulling me toward him. With one movement he lies down, pulling me right beside him in his arms. "Tell me what happened" he whispers as he places his chin on my head. I feel myself tremble as I wrap my arms around his waist, and feel the tears come back into my eyes. "S-shinichiro" I whisper and choke for a second. "Someone just killed my brother" I breathe as I start sobbing. Ran pulls me closer against him. "I'm so sorry" Ran whispers. "I'm right here" he adds as he presses his lips against my forehead.

"I don't want to go home" I whisper, as the light creeps into the room when the sun is rising. "You can stay" Ran says, softly stroking my cheek. "But at some point you have to" he adds. I look at my boyfriend's face beside mine, at his violet eyes that suddenly has kindness in them and at his hair that's getting more and more black with blonde instead of just blonde. I stroke his hair behind his ear. "Thank you.. for this" I whisper. "Of course" he says smiling. "It's a shame though. You could've had sex with me" I say, grinning playfully. Ran chuckles and his eyes twinkle amused. "I could have" he says. "But I'd rather have you immediately think of me in delight when you look back at losing your virginity in ten years, instead of filled with regret because the moment isn't right" Ran says. "Besides" he adds and brings his lips to my ear. "I'll have much more fun exploring you slowly before taking you entirely. And I will take you" he whispers. I blush when Ran looks at me again and he grins playfully. "I should go home" I say softly. "Alright, I'll take you home" he says. Reluctantly I get up, and let him take my hand and guide me downstairs. "What's this? A surprise guest?" There's a attractive woman at the front door wearing sexy pajamas with a newspaper in her hand. "Your girlfriend Ran?" She asks teasingly. "Yes" Ran says dryly as we walk down. Before she can say or asks anything, Ran has already pulled me outside to his motorcycle. "Who was she?" I ask. "My mother, she's a pain" he says. Ran kisses me before he helps me onto his motorcycle and steps on himself. Unfortunately we're back at my home a lot faster now then I was at his. Grandfather is already waiting at the gate. "Thank you" I whisper, pressing a kiss on Ran's cheek after I stepped off. "Call me" he says. I nod. Ran presses a kiss on my forehead before driving off. I walk over to grandfather and lower my head. "I'm sorry" I whisper. "It's hard for all of us. I get that you needed a bit of time" Grandfather says. "But I'm going to need you now, for the preparations" he adds. My lower lip trembles. "I won't let you down" I whisper.