Chapter 16

Haitani Ran P.O.V.

"I really don't get what you see in that girl" Rindou says. I chuckle slightly. "You don't have to" I say. "There are tons of prettier girls" he says. "There are" I admit. "But?" Rindou asks. "Pretty girls are over confident. They won't do as I say" I answer. "What makes you think that she will? Didn't she make you work for it?" Rindou asks. "Hmm yes. But if she was easy, it wouldn't be any fun" I say. Rindou tilts his head confused. "Mizuki is very insecure. She wanted to appear strong, as if she didn't want or needed the attention I gave her" I say, smiling slightly. "But she did, and still does. And with a little..." I hesitate as my smile grows. "Guidance. She'll do anything I ask of her." I say. Rindou scoffs. "Guidance?" He asks. "Well yeah. If I demand it of her, right now at least, she'll walk. She has to appear in charge" I say. Rindou chuckles. "It's all just a game isn't it?" He asks. I chuckle again. "Not necessarily. I haven't decided yet" I say amused.  Rindou leans his chin on his hand. "I'm sure Mizuki will grow to be a beauty. Maybe I should just keep her close" I say, tapping my index finger against my lower lip. "It might come in handy" I add. Rindou rolls his eyes.  "Like I said, you don't have to understand it" I say amused. "So you would only date the pretty ones huh?" I ask, looking at my little brother, who is sitting on the couch. "I don't know" Rindou says shrugging. "They'll bore you soon enough" I say amused. "I'm not like you" Rindou scoffs. "Yes, you're a good guy" I say sarcastically. "I'm not toying with girls" Rindou says, throwing a pillow in my face. "Yet" I say, pulling it off. "And I'm not either" I add. "Then what do you call this thingamajig?" Rindou snaps. "Making up my mind?" I answer. Another pillow lands in my face. "Stop it!" I snap as I pull it off. "Make me" Rindou says. "I hope you two are behaving yourselves" Mother says as she walks into the living room. Both Rindou and I scoff slightly annoyed, looking away. "I thought so" mother says, with one eyebrow raised as she puts her purse down. "I'm going to start dinner, don't make me come in here and warn you again" she says, walking away.

As expected Mizuki is already behind her desk as I walk into the classroom. For a moment I just watch her, as she looks down at her notebook and strokes her hair behind her ear. A slight smirk appears on my lips as I feel tingling going through my body. "I didn't think you'd be back after summer break" I hear at the same time I feel a shove at my shoulder. "I have a reason to come back" I say with a slight smirk, before walking over to my desk that's behind Mizuki's. I softly tickle her ear with my finger tip, making her look up at me. "There are other ways to say good morning you know" she says with a slight smile. "Ohayo" I say, leaning my chin on my hand. "So you're back?" She asks. "Why does everyone think I wouldn't be back?" I ask amused. "I'm not sure" Mizuki says, tilting her head slightly. "Ohayo, Haitani-kun" some girls from our class say. "How was your summer?" One asks, obviously trying to get me away from Mizuki. This annoys me a little bit, especially when guys join in too and Mizuki turns her attention back toward her math books. My smile cools a bit. For a bit I listen to them talking. "I do think it's a little rude that you're interrupting the conversation I was having" I say, after a while. "C-conversation?" The first girl stammers. "Yeah, I was having a conversation with Mizuki-chan here" I say, lifting my head from my hand, looking up at our classmates. "It's just ug- I mean Sano-chan" another girl says. I look at her sharply. "So?" I ask. They obviously feel awkward now and I smile slightly as I like to watch them squirm. "Just leave it be, Ran-kun" Mizuki says softly. "Hmm" I say softly as my gaze drift to Mizuki for just a second. She hasn't looked up from her book. "See, she doesn't mind" one of the guys says. "She didn't say that now did she?" I ask. "It doesn't matter though. I know next time you'll do better" I say, smirking slightly. Before any of them can answer, the teacher walk in and they walk to their seats gratefully. I chuckle as I grab my book. This is so much fun.

"Ran-kun.." Mizuki says, turning her face into the wind, allowing it to blow the hair out of her face. "Hmm?" I ask, looking up at her. "Don't you have better things to do, than hanging out with me?" She asks. When she looks at me, I can see in her eyes that she is serious. I smirk slightly. "What could be better than spending time with my girl?" I ask. "I'm serious" Mizuki says, frowning slightly. "As am I" I say, stroking her hair behind her ear. "And I don't have anything else to do. If I had I would've told you" I add. "Where is this coming from?" I ask. Mizuki shrugs. "You're not letting the douches from our class get to you again, are you?" I ask. "Sometimes it's hard not to" she says. I scoot over to her, leaning my hand behind her. "Leave them be. They're not important. And their opinions most definitely not" I say. I then press a kiss against her cheek. "Don't you worry. You're the only one I want" I add. Mizuki scoffs. "Then you're a fool" she says.  I chuckle. "I might be." I say with a slight smirk. "But I don't mind, if you are by my side" I add. Mizuki seems surprised as she looks at me. "Why does that surprise you?" I ask with a slight smirk.   When she doesn't respond, I press a soft kiss on her lips. "Please answer me" I say softly. Mizuki sighs as she turns away from me and runs her hand through her hair. "I don't know. I'm just being silly I guess" she says. "You are. But this is something different" I say, tilting my head slightly. "You know you can talk to me right?" I ask, stroking her cheek. "I know. I just don't know what to say" Mizuki says. "I'm just messed up ever since Shinichiro died. And I don't know what to do anymore" she adds. I softly pull her into my arms. "I know baby" I say softly. "But I'm going anywhere. Especially now" I say, pressing my lips against her temple.  "Just remember that I'm here for you. You can talk to me about anything" I say. "You shouldn't want that" Mizuki says with a slight chuckle. "Of course I do" I say with a smirk. "You're mine, aren't you?" I ask. For a moment she just looks at me, hesitating. "I am" she then says.