Chapter 20

Sano Mizuki P.O.V.

I open the front door, to see Draken per usual. "Ohayo, Mizuki" he says and I step aside to let him in. "Ohayo Kenchin" I say. "You're always going to call me that, aren't you?" He asks, smiling slightly. "I refuse to call you Draken" I chuckle. "But I like you, so" I say, poking his head before walking back to the kitchen to finish the bentos for Emma and Mikey. I'm even making one for Draken today. After a little while, Draken walks in. "He awake?" I ask. "Yeah, he'll be out soon" Draken says, sitting down at the table. I pack his bento and put it in front of him. "Is this for me?" He asks surprised. "Of course. Enjoy" I say, winking. "Thank you so much" Draken says, slightly flustered. Mikey walks into the kitchen, ready to go, so I put his bento in front of him. "You're not going to say yes, are you?" He asks and I sigh annoyed. "He hasn't even asked me yet. Besides the only reason you know is because you eaves dropped" I say, poking Mikey's forehead. "You did too" He says. "Yeah it was about me" I scoff. "I still can't believe Ojiisan actually gave his permission." Mikey mumbles. I see that Draken is curious, but he stays silent. "Why wouldn't he, Manjiro?" I ask, leaning my hand on the kitchen counter, and the other on my hip. "I don't think Ojiisan is aware of street reputations" I say, when Mikey doesn't responds. "That includes yours" I add, giving him a stern look. "You're aware of that?" Mikey asks, raising both eyebrows. "I'm not stupid" I say. "You're not mad?" Draken asks. "I have no reason to be." I sigh. I hand Emma her bento as she walks into the kitchen. "He should've discussed it with us" Mikey says, a little offended. I laugh out loud. "You're not Shinichiro, Manjiro. You're my younger brother. You have no business discussing my future" I say. "But it's sweet that you care. Now go on or you'll be late for school" I say, waving them away with my hand. "Itterasshai" I say, smiling amused as both my siblings, and Draken leave. As I'm washing the dishes, grandfather walks in. "Shouldn't you leave for class as well?" He asks, pouring himself a cup of tea from the pot I made earlier. "Yes." I say drying my hands. "Ittekimasu" I say, grabbing my bag and leave.

For a moment I watch Ran, who is sitting on the edge of his bed making a phone call. I reach over and glide my fingertips down his spine. Ran glances over his shoulder at me, as he finishes his phone call. "Do I have to go already?" I whisper softly, placing my hand beside my head on his pillow. "No. I just had to make a call" Ran says, putting his phone on his bedside table. "What's wrong?" I ask, lifting myself up on my elbow when he stays seated. "I don't know how to do this" Ran says, turning toward me. I immediately sit up, worried. "I love you, you know that I do" Ran says, stroking my hair behind my ear. I immediately feel so cold inside, and take his wrist and pull his hand away from me. "Is this really the moment?" I ask, coldly. "Huh?" Ran asks confused, raising his eyebrows. "I'm still naked in your bed, is it really the moment to break up with me?" I ask. Ran seems stunned, and then a smile appears on his lips. "Break up with you? What are you talking about?" He asks. "It's what you want to do, isn't it? Why in the world would you start a conversation that way if it isn't?" I ask. Ran starts laughing. "No..no I'm not breaking up with you" he says laughing and I'm starting to get annoyed. "I'm trying to ask you to marry me" Ran says laughing. Stunned I look at him, then punch him against his chest, making him laugh even louder. "I hate you, why in the world would you do it that way?" I ask angrily, punching him against his chest again. Laughing Ran grabs my wrists, pulls me toward him and down onto the bed, into his arms. "I'm not romantic, I'm not good at that stuff. I'm sorry, I started out wrong" Ran says softly, holding me tightly against him so I can't struggle anymore. "You're an idiot, that wasn't just starting out wrong. That was just completely wrong." I scoff, as he presses a kiss against my temple. "I know and I am. But I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you" He says, turning my face toward him and kisses me. "So..will you?" Ran whispers, as our lips part.

"Mizuki-chan? Is that you?" I hear behind me and turn around. Behind me I see Arashi Keizō and Imaushi Wakasa. I hadn't seen them since Shinichiro's funeral. "Oh Hisashiburi" I say. "It has been, my my how you've grown up" Keizo says with a slight grin. "Time does that to you" I say with a slight smile. "What have you been up to?" I ask. "Oh this and that" Wakasa says. So getting into trouble huh? "Mikey has made quite a name for himself" he adds. "So I've heard" I say, awkwardly scratch behind my ear with my index finger. "Yeah, but we've heard nothing about you. I almost started to get worried" Keizo says. "You're exaggerating" I chuckle. "But I tend to stay away from that stuff" I answer. "Oh so a quiet life huh?" Keizo asks. "Yeah. I think that's what Shinichiro would want for me. I'm in college now, and even engaged" I say. "I don't know about that, but I do think he'd want you to be in college" Keizo says. "Congratulations, who is the lucky fella?" Wakasa asks. I hesitate. "His name is Haitani Ran" I answer. Keizo and Wakasa look at each other for a moment. So they know him as well. "No offense, Mizuki. But should you get involved with a guy like that?" Keizo asks hesitantly after a while. "Do you know him?" I ask, tilting my head slightly. "Something like that" he says. I sigh silently. "His reputation is that bad huh?" I ask softly. "You didn't know?" Wakasa asks. "Not really. I mean I know he's no angel, but I don't know him like that. He's always been good to me" I say. "How long have you known him exactly?" Keizo asks. "Couple of years. We were in the same class in high school" I answer. Keizo and Wakasa look at each other again. "I guess that he's good to you is what is important." Wakasa says. "Yeah" I say, smiling slightly. "Well...take care of yourself then" Keizo says. "I will. Be good you two" I say, winking. Both chuckle. "We'll try" Keizo laugh and as they walk past me, Keizo pats me on my shoulder and I take a moment to watch them leave. I then run my hand through my hair. "Shin-nii where are you when I need you?" I sigh. It would be so much easier when I could discuss this with you.