Chapter 13

Haitani Mizuki P.O.V.

Feeling the damp air against my skin, I know that I'm somewhere hidden. I also know that I'm only in my bra and panties, but my eyes are covered. "I can't believe you actually pulled it off, she's usually so well protected" someone chuckles. "You've got to know the right people" someone else says. So there's a traitor somewhere? "The boss sure is pleased. I understand. She's hot!" the first one says. I turn my head slightly when I hear footsteps. "It's time. Take her" a third voice says. Someone grabs my arm and pulls me up. I'm being pulled down a hall, where the cold damp air disappears and turns warmer. Even the floor beneath my feet feels different. A door opens and someone sets me down on a chair. A comfortable chair. "Thanks. That'll be all" a fourth voice says. A deeper voice, sexier. "We'll be right outside" the third says and the door closed. "I hope they haven't been treating you too badly" the voice says and soon my blindfold is taken from my eyes. It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust. As I thought. He's handsome. I look up at the man, but don't respond. "I hope you understand the precautions we had to take" he says, gesturing at my body. "But I tried to make the room at least warm enough for you to be comfortable" he adds. I look around. It doesn't seem to be an office. "I suppose you won't tell me what I'm doing here?" I ask. "Hmm" the man leans his hand behind him. "Let's just say I need the attention of your brother and your husband. They've been ignoring me for too long, to not take action" he says. I sigh softly and lean back in the chair. "What makes you think that this will help? I'm quite disposable" I say, folding one leg over the other. "Even if you are, you can at least provide me with information that'll get their attention" he says. "What makes you think that I'll provide that?" I ask. The man smiles as he tilts his head slightly. "The right tools will make you tell me" he says. "You seem confident" I say. "I am" the man says standing up. "I'm sure you won't tell me where your brother is right now?" He asks. "I have no clue" I say shrugging. He sighs. "All right then" he mumbles, walking toward the door.

I spit blood on the concrete floor beside me. I've been beaten, cut and burnt with hot objects. I'm not even sure how much time has passed, but I think it's about a full day. at least they haven't raped me. At least not yet. I raise my head slightly when the door opens again. I groan slightly when two thugs lift me to my feet. My body hurts so much, I can barely struggle as they drag me to another room. "So I was hoping we could try again" the boss man says as I'm being dropped on the floor. "Should that scare me?" I sigh. I'm so tired. "Basically yeah..." the boss guy says, tilting his head. "Do your worst" I scoff. The guy grins. "Are you sure? We've been pretty decent up to now" he says. "Go ahead" I say shrugging. The boss chuckles. "You can go" he says to his guys. They immediately leave the room, and the guy starts opening his belt. "I'm a decent guy you know, I hoped it wouldn't come this far. But I guess I'm a bit grateful. You are a beautiful woman" he says opening his pants as well. "What makes you think I won't break it?" I ask. "Well, I'll just make sure you can't" he says as he walks over. I struggle as he pushes me over and turns me onto my stomach, avoiding my kicks. "What the hell?" He says as a lot of noise come from the hall. The door opens. "Boss you have to lea-." Before the thug can finish his sentence, he's being shot through the head. "Thank you for guiding us right to him" I hear Rindou's voice in a playful way. I've never been so grateful to see my brother-in-law in the doorway. His eyes meet mine. "Guess we were right on time, niisan" he says. Ran appears next to him. His eyes scan the room, before meeting mine. "I guess we were" he says as they both step inside. Rindou pulls the boss guy off of me, and ties his hands behind his back. "You alright my love?" Ran asks as he pulls me onto my feet. "Yeah" I say. "Did they violate you?" He asks, placing both his hands on my face. "No" I answer. Ran let's go of me and his eyes scan my body and face. He then takes off his jacket and put it around my shoulders. "Let's go" he says softly.

It feels like I've been sleeping for days, but seeing how Ran his working on his laptop beside me, I know it's only been a couple of hours. All my wounds have been dressed, but it still hurts and the bruises starting to hurt more and change color. Ran looks at me. "Did I wake you?" He asks. "No, I just woke up" I say softly. Ran closes his laptop and puts it on his bedside table before taking me into his arms. "How are you feeling?" He asks, softly stroking my hair out of my face as I lean my head against him. "Like I've been hit by a truck" I say softly. "I'm sorry this happened baby" Ran says pressing a kiss on my head. "But they can't hurt you anymore" he adds. "I'm sorry I wasn't stronger" I mumble. "You were plenty strong, and you did good holding out as long as you did" he says, softly stroking my cheek. "I'm proud of you" Ran says, and I close my eyes hearing those words. "What did you do to them?" I ask, opening my eyes after a long silence. "What they deserved" he answers, softly stroking the back of my neck. I raise my head, and myself slightly to look at my husband. "Thank you for coming for me" I whisper. Ran softly strokes my cheek. "Of course I did, silly. No one takes you from me" he says and smiles slightly. Ran pulls me onto his lap and I can't help but snuggle against him, hiding my face into his neck. "I was so scared" I whisper as he rubs my back. "I was so afraid that they were going to rape me, but I didn't show them. They never noticed" I add. "Good girl" Ran says softly. Ran pulls the blankets up to cover me. "You should try to sleep a little more" he says, tucking me in but keeping me in his arms. "Will you hold me?" I ask softly. "Of course baby, if that's what you want" he says softly, pressing a kiss on my head. "Your smell calms me" I mumble, closing my eyes sleepily. Ran chuckles. "Do I smell that good?" He asks. "To me you do" I answer. Ran chuckles again. "Well, I'm not going anywhere, so take in all that smell and try to get some sleep" he says amused.