Chapter 22

Sano Mizuki P.O.V.

"People keep asking me, if I should get involved with a guy like you" I say, stroking my hair behind my ear. Ran smirks. "I've always known that you're no angel..." I say. Ran chuckles. "They're probably right" he says. "I never pretended to be a good man, Mizuki-chan. I'm not going to start now, because I want you to marry me" Ran says. "I wouldn't want you to be anyone else than who you are" I say. Ran turns toward me with his desk chair, and wheels over to me on his bed. "I don't know what you've heard, but it's probably true" he says, putting his feet on either side of me. "Does that scare you away?" He asks. "They all refused to tell me. Should it scare me?" I ask. Ran smirks. "Probably" he says. "Do you want me to be scared of you?" I ask. "Of course not baby" Ran says, bending toward me. "People will always talk, let them talk." He says, softly kissing me. "They're just trying to use your insecurities to tear us apart" Ran says. "My insecurities huh?" I mumble. "It's not like you've never doubted us" he says, tilting his head slightly. "So you choose me because I'm not really a confident woman huh?" I ask, and feel a squeeze of hurt in my heart. Ran smiles. "Yes. You were a real insecure girl and I thought It'd be fun" Ran says. That hurt even more. Ran gets up from his chair, and sits down on my lap, his knees on either side of my hips. Ran puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me down on his bed. He then leans his hands beside my head and looks down on me as he's hovering above me on his hands and knees. Judging from his face and his eyes, he hasn't been lying at all. "But then I got to know you, and I fell for you for real" Ran says. I don't respond. Ran puts his forearms beside my head instead of his hands, so he's much closer. I can't tell if he's lying or not. "I wouldn't have asked you to marry me or not. What do you think a wedding, a marriage costs? It's not worth it if you don't love the person" Ran says. I still can't. Ran kisses me and I can't help but kiss back.

I've never been a weak woman. Physically weak that is. My grandfather raised me so I could defend myself. But when I'm up against three guys that are much bigger than me, I lose. And I did. Not only did they beat me, they also sexually assaulted me. I open my eyes slightly when I hear them walk away while laughing. One of them is still in front of me. He crouches down. "It's nothing personal" he says. "You're just unlucky to be invincible Mikey's sister" he says. With that he stands up and follows his friend. For a moment I just lie there in the alley. Get up, you have to get up. I manage to get my arms underneath me, and lift myself up slightly. I spit blood from my mouth but soon am on the ground again. Where is my phone. I have to call 119. It's then when I hear voices, familiar voices near the alley. "Been able to reach her all day.." Ran says. "Maybe she's sick of you" Rindou jokes. "She ain't like that. I'll call her again" Ran says. My phone rings. "Quiet, I hear something" He says. "It's in there" Rindou says. I close my eyes when I hear their footsteps. "Is that..." Rindou asks. "That's Mizuki" Ran says and his voice sounds strange. "And is that..." Rindou says. "Cum. Someone came on my girl" Ran says. "Baby.." he says softly when I feel his hand on my face. Somehow I'm able to open my eyes, and even though it's blurry, I see Ran. Automatically tears drip from my eyes. I wince softly. "Shh, I'm here."  He says softly. "Who did this to you?" He asks. "I don't know" I say, my voice sounds strange and my throat hurts. "Three" I add. "Three dudes?" Rindou asks. I nod. "Should we call an ambulance?" He then asks. "Yeah. They have rape kits. Then I'll find the bastards and make them sorry that they were born" Ran says. I close my eyes. "No. Baby you have to stay awake" Ran says. "I just....want to...sleep" I say, even though it takes every bit of energy I still have left. "You can't. Not until the ambulance is here" Ran says. My lip trembles, and again tears stream over my cheeks. "I know baby. I know you're in pain. But you've got to hold on a little longer. You can do that can't you?" Ran whispers.

I open my eyes when I hear the door of the hospital room open. I've been here a couple of days now, because of the wounds I obtained. When I arrived they cleaned me, treated me, used a couple of rape kits and handed over everything to the police, who also had a chat with me. I'm still wounded and hurt, but the thing that's hurt the most is my ego. Mikey walks in, with Emma and Draken. Grandfather just left to let me sleep, and seeing them immediately makes me annoyed again. "Are you feeling better, Neesan?" Emma asks. "I'll be fine" I say. "We heard what happened" Draken says. "You want to tell me what this invincible Mikey thing is all about?" I ask. "I never called myself that" Mikey says. "That's not my question. Explain it to me" I say. "People started calling me that, since I haven't really lost any battles" Mikey says. Sighing I scratch my forehead. "Why?" Mikey then asks. "Because the people that assaulted me said that it wasn't personal, but that I was unlucky to be the sister of invincible Mikey" I say. Mikey grows pale, Draken and Emma seem shocked too. "Who were they?" Mikey asks. "Don't worry about it, they will be punished, if they're not already" I say. "Neesan..." Mikey says. "Don't. It's bad enough they blame this on you. It's bad enough that I'm the victim of it" I say. "What can we do to help?" Draken quickly says, as he sees Mikey is ready to respond. "Nothing really" I sigh. "I'm really sorry, Neesan" Mikey says, after a long silence. "People are vindictive Manjiro. If they can't hurt you, they will hurt the people around you." I say. "You probably couldn't prevent this, and it's fine, I'll be fine. But keep it in mind going forward" I say. I sigh silently when I see Mikey's guild ridden face. "Come here" I say, beckoning him. When he reaches me I flick his forehead. "I'm going to be fine" I say, smiling brightly at him, even though I don't feel that way. "I know, but Niisan..." Mikey says, and I interrupt him. "Shinichiro isn't here" I say. They all look at me a little shocked. "You're just tormenting yourself if you think that way" I say. "Why don't you just take your sister at her word huh?" I ask smiling.