Chapter 8

Sano Mizuki P.O.V.

"Mizuki-chan. Is that you?" I turn slightly to see Ran with some other guys I don't know. I recognize one as his little brother. "Little bit on the wrong side of town, aren't you, Ojouchan?" One of those guys says grinning. "Didn't know there were sides that I should and shouldn't be on" I say. Ran takes a couple of steps toward me. "As you can see there are some pretty unsavory people here" he says, winking. "You being one of them?" I ask amused. The boys behind him laugh. "Something like that" Ran says, grinning amused as well. "Well I'm fine" I say. "Let me walk you home" Ran says. Some behind him whistle and Ran waves then off with his hand. "I'm fine" I say again. "Oh I know" he says, taking a couple of more steps toward me. "But I want you to be safe and I know the people here" he says. I squint my eyes slightly. "Well, alright then" I say hesitantly. Ran places his hand on my back. "I'll be right back" he says. The others whistle again. "Don't to shit that I wouldn't do" the oldest of them shout, making the others laugh. "Don't mind them" Ran says, taking me with him. "I'm not" I say. "But thank you for walking with me" I add, looking up at Ran. He smiles slightly. "Of course" he says.  As we're walking, I soon realize that we're being watched. Though I'm not sure if they're watching him or watching me, but I feel safer with him here. I make sure to walk a little closer to him. "Why were you here, Mizuki-chan?" He asks. "I was just wandering" I say shrugging. "Why do you ask?" I ask, looking at him.  "People around here aren't used to seeing a pretty, innocent girl like you. Especially as the sun sets. You could get hurt" Ran says. "Innocent huh?" I ask amused. "I'm serious" He says amused. "I believe you" I chuckle as we walk up the stairs toward the subway. "I'm not that innocent. But thank you for walking me" I say, turning toward him. "You're the definition of innocence, and you're welcome" Ran says, poking my forehead. "That's not true" I say, chuckling as I touch my forehead. "Okay maybe not the definition" Ran says grinning. "Good. I'll see you tomorrow at school" I say smiling, as I grab my public transport card, wave and then walk through the gates.

I was surprised when Ran kissed me. I didn't expect him to do that when we were hiding underneath a canopy, from the sudden pouring rain. But at the same time, we're the only ones here and we're both soaking wet. It's kind of romantic. Besides I don't mind it much, and I can feel the warmth coming from his body so I kiss back. "W-why did you do that?" I whisper, as our lips part. "Because I wanted to" Ran says as his eyes twinkle amused, and his lips curl to a slight smile. "Did you mind?" He asks. "No" I say softly. "Good" Ran whispers, as he leans his hand behind me against the wall, and uses his other hand to lift my chin before kissing me again. I close my eyes and place my hands on his waist as I kiss back. I allow him in, when I feel the tip of his tongue against my lower lip. And just like that Ran steals my first kiss and my first French kiss. I don't mind, I even feel butterflies when our tongues dance. More so when he presses a few soft kisses against my lips as the French kiss stops. "Does this mean you like me?" I whisper amused when our lips part. "I never made a secret of that" Ran says smiling amused. "Does this mean you like me back?" He asks. I grin slightly. "I haven't decided that yet" I say. Ran laughs. "Oh haven't you?" He asks with twinkling eyes. Ran strokes my hair behind my ear, purposely stroking my jawline in the process. "I think we already know" he says softly. "Oh do we?" I ask amused. "You would've pushed me away, if you didn't" Ran says. He's right and he knows that he is. It's all there in his smug little smile. "You don't have to hide it, I already know" he whispers in my ear. "So what are you going to do with that information?" I ask. "Hmm I haven't decided that yet" Ran says teasingly. It's my turn to laugh this time. "Right" I say.  "I'm a jealous guy. You should think about if you want to get involved with that" Ran says, a little more serious. "I don't think you have anything to worry about" I say softly, looking away.

I enjoy it when Shinichiro teaches me things. I might be a girl, but I don't mind learning and working on motorcycles because it makes me spend time with him. Shinichiro has his arm around me as he helps me loosen one tight bolt. "Let me know when it's off" he says, standing up and I hear him lighting a cigarette. "So, you got yourself a boyfriend, Mizuki-chan?" One of the delinquent that always hangs around the shop asks. Shinichiro chokes on the smoke he just inhaled and I raise my head as well. "Excuse me?" I ask. "I thought I saw you and a boy kissing under a canopy, that day with that bad weather" the guy leans his chin on his hand as he leans his elbow on the steering wheel of his bike. "So?" He asks. "Ain't she a bit young for a boyfriend?" Another asks. "You're what, sixteen now?" The first asks. "Next week I am" I say. "It's 'bout the age, right Shinichiro-san?" He asks teasingly. I look at my brother but he doesn't seem angry. "Seems about right" Shinichiro says. When he sees me looking at him, he winks at me. "What's it to you anyway?" I ask, standing up and wiping my hands on my jeans before Shinichiro gives me a rag to do it. "I was just curious. It'll be good to know though, we almost came over because we thought he was bothering you" the delinquent grins and it's obvious that he's just teasing. "You don't owe these fools an explanation Mizuki. If you have a boyfriend or not is your business. As long as you're having fun and he's treating you well, everything is fine" Shinichiro says, putting his hand on my head. "You don't think that" I say amused, looking at my brother. He laughs. "I don't, but it's what I'm supposed to say" he says winking, making the other guys laugh as well. I feel a bit awkward, but I know they mean well. Shinichiro takes his hand from my head and leans his arm on my shoulder instead. Soon the delinquents turn on each other again. "Isn't it reassuring, that people are looking out for you?" Shinichiro asks. "For you, or for me?" I ask. He chuckles. "I find it reassuring, don't you?" Shinichiro asks. "Sometimes" I answer. "Good enough" he says. I look at him and he smiles at me. "Good enough" he mumbles as he looks at the rest.