Chapter 21. ♠️

Kesiena Uloho POV

She ran off stage. Tomiwa ran off stage. I don't even know her last name. I knew something was wrong with her the minute she climbed the stage to perform for her team. First she wore too much make up and that is very unlike her. She didn't even appeal to me as someone who uses make up at all so why was she wearing it all of a sudden. Something was definitely up with her. In as much as it had nothing to do with me neither is it in my place to find out, I just could not help it.

WELL THAT WAS SOME PERFORMANCE BY DOWEN ACADEMY. I DEFINITELY DID NOT SEE THAT COMING, BUT AS YOU TEENS SAY IT THIS DAYS, WE MUVEEEE!! NOW WE HAVE A POP UP ROUND WHERE WINNER OF THIS JUST CONCLUDED MUSICAL WILL GO HEAD TO HEAD.

No!

I mentally screamed. This is not what we planned. Well it's not like I planned it or anything but still I didn't imagine it to end this way. Gawd... damn it! Why did Tomiwa have to run off like that? If she hadn't, maybe she or Ebuka would have won squarely. Obviously there won't be a need to create this impromptu stage, at least that is how I see it. Ebuka, winner by default and Rebecca winner by right. They had to go head to head as they danced their heart out to the song Mamasita by Jason Derulo. This was to see who would be the last person standing. I stood up to go and find Tomiwa but Donald stopped me saying.

"And where do you think you are going?"

"I'll be right back. I just want to check on something real quick."

He glared me a bit and I gave him my signature smile, before he could speak I was already out of my seat. It was when he saw I was truly leaving that he said in form of a whisper yell.

"Pssh! Hey get back here. Urgh...you stubborn girl ! make sure you are back before it is our turn to present for the academic competition."

I just ignored him and I went in search of Tomiwa. She couldn't have gotten too far I thought. I quickly looked round the first floor which was where I suspect SS1 students stayed. I checked the toilet of the next floor, including the classes there but no sign of her.

"Where are you Tomiwa?" I whispered to myself. Just when I was about to give up the search and head back to the hall. I heard it. I heard the faint sound of someone crying right above me and I automatically knew it was her.

"Hmph...bingo!"

I rushed up the stairs to the third and last floor and I found her in the first class which was few feet away from the stairs. I entered the class and went to meet her, Of course she was shocked to see me. It was written all over her face that I was the last person she was expecting. Regardless, I was there and I wasn't going to leave, at least not anytime soon. I smile at her as I approached her. She just stared at me, tears still trickling down her face, messing up her make up. I took my seat beside her and rubbed random soothing cycle on her back, the smile never leaving my face.

"I am sorry. Sometimes it hurt a little too much."

"What...what are you talking about?" She asked sniffing. When I noticed that her hands were going to her nose that had already accumulated muccus, I stopped her. There was no way she was going to clean her nose with her bare hands and not have half of her concealer smeared on her hands.

"Wait, here use this." I gave her a toilet roll and some face wipe. It's a good thing I decided to move around with them today. Who knew I would need them like this? She wiped her nose first and then proceeded to use the face wipe to clean of the make up on her face.