Chapter 33

Erica Hanali POV

I got to the school by 8:30am and they had just finished their assembly when I walked in. I surveyed my surroundings and noticed the junior students were entering a different building which I presumed as the junior block. While on the right hand side the seniors, dressed in long sleeve were entering the building on the right.

"Whao... This is..." I breathed out in awe of the place. It was better than they showed it on TV. At the center of the school was the school monument void of students since they were all getting settled in their classes. At the far end, there were two other halls - one where some students were still troping out of and the other, I presume to the the cafeteria. I was still busy looking around admiring the school when someone cleared their throat to get my attention.

"Ehem...are you lost? No. That's not even a question. You're definitely lost. So how may I help you?" One of the senior students asked, her arms folded and a hard stare on her face. I looked at her up and down wondering why she was being unnecessarily rude, not to mention proud too. I studied her features, scanning her properly until my eyed land on the the name stage on the breast pocket of her blazer. I looked closer and I pronounced what I saw..

"Head girl?"

"Yes. Head girl. The one and only current head girl of Dowen Academy. Who are you and what do—"

"Erica— Erica Hanali. And would you please adjust your tone. I am also the headgirl of my school and I would not appreciate you talking to me like that." I said and she glared at me. We were busy having a glaring contest when a guy in a very dark complexion walked up to us. He stared at me for a while before looking at the head girl of Dowen Academy. He stared at me again before looking back at the head girl, after a few seconds of uncomfortably standing there, he cleared is throat to get our attention and that worked.

"Oh good Ebuka you are here. Tell this thing that her presence isn't wanted here."

"Excuse me?" I said, shocked at her rude tone and expression. Was this the school my best friend was going to mingling with these rude mother fuckers? God I hope she wasn't bullied by this self absorbing head girl, what is her name again?

"I am sorry about my friend. Emmanuella! What has gotten into you? How could you be so rude to someone you just met?" He whisper-yelled at her even though I was right in front of them. I rolled my eyes at their drama and interrupted rudely as well. If it's rude they want then two can play at that game.

"Look I don't care what you love birds are up to. You can make out for all I care but that will be when I have 'removed my self from this school' like you girlfriend rightly said." I responded with a maniacal grin on my face as I folded my arms. They were both shocked at how I went from quiet to savage.

Hmph...did they really think I was there to play? I was there to find out information on how my friend landed in the hospital and I was not leaving until I find out. With that in mind I said more clearly and firmly this time.

"My name is Erica Hanali, head girl of Hebert Macaulay Prep. I am here to make enquiry on what happened to my friend, Tomiwa Adeshika. You love birds had better start talking." I said with authority and a tone of finality. This people think I came there to play but they thought wrong. They didn't know what was going on.

While they stayed quiet looking at me like I had magical horn on head, a small crowd of Seniors dressed in long sleeve gathered to witness what was going on and I smirked.

Well things got perpetual real quick, just when Emmanuella was about to speak and someone with a deep yet velvet smooth voice interrupted her saying.

"Yes? Yes? What is going on here? What's the problem Emmanuella?"