Chapter 31

Third Person Point Of View

I was heading to my best friends house when I passed by that peculiar gate that was left wide opened. Instantly all my hair stood on edge as I felt goosebumps all over and trust  me, it is not the good kind. I took in deep steady breaths to brace myself for what I was about to see.

I reversed and drove in through the open gate and parked within the compound. Immediately I was overwhelmed. I knew something was off but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I was smelling blood, and not just that, I could see it as well flowing like river on the cemented floor of the compound. My head was running wild and spinning with different goury images. I traced the blood to it source and behold, The blood was gosh out of her in different directions. A slit at her broken elbow, a gash at her forehead and a broken left rib it was a horrific site in.

What the hell happened here?

That was the one and only question on my mind at the moment. I had traced the trail of blood to it source and low and below it was a girl lying in the pool of her own blood still in a school uniform. In a matter of seconds, I recognized her to be Tomiwa the girl I helped into Dowen Academy. My head was spiraling out of control at the realization. 

Who did this to her ?

That was a greater question I would like to find answers to. But I didn't have time to search the scenes, I didn't have that luxury of time to look through the scene for clues. Thank goodness my phone was always on me, I dialed the emergency hotline number and in under two minutes I could hear the wailing of their siren. Quickly the paramedics lifted her up into their ambulance and took her to the nearest hospital, Macmillan Hopsital at surulere. I followed closely behind them in my car and immediately they got her admitted. I called my friend who I was supposed to see.

"Hey my guy, I no fit show oo. Something really terrible happened and I have to go and take care of it. I'll see you some other time."

"Wait what?? Bro what the hell happened? You don't sound too good. What happened to you? Are you okay?"

My friend asked me and I was trying to take a deep breath but it wasn't working. I needed to call Miss Okiki, to contact her and tell her about the new development of Tomiwa but she wasn't picking her calls. It just kept ringing off. I sighed, taking in a deep breath again saying.

"No, no, I am fine. I just, a little girl who is like a sister to me. She is in critical condition and I am trying to let her guardian know about it but she isn't answering her phone."

"Whao that's tough. I hope she picks up soon. And please send me the location so I can stop by on my way out."

I ended the call and sent him the location. Once He acknowledged seeing the message, I went ahead to call Miss Okiki one more time.

Immediately she picked. Thank goodness because I didn't know what else to do. Immediately she picked the call, her voice came to life sounding groosy and unclear like some one who just woke up from sleep.

"Hello, Miss Okiki. Are you there? Listen to me, your daughter is in a critical condition. She is at  the hospital as we speak, Macmillan Hopsital at surulere. Your attention is needed here—"

"Ehhh?? Who is this? Which daughter? I don't have any daughter ooh I am not married— oh wait do you mean Tomiwa? ahh that one that ran away from school and  has been missing for 3 days without any trace."

I was upset. Did this woman even care about this girl at all? I mean she is in a critical condition for pit sake. Fortunately all she cares about was letting me know that Tomiwa isn't her biological daughter. For real though that was cold but I choose not to talk about it.

"Tomiwa is in the hospital Miss Okiki, Macmillan Hopsital at surulere and I need you here as soon as possible to sign the papers needed for her admission in to the hospital."

"Woo see Folaranmi abi Folake, boyaa you should handle it oo where I am is very far and—"

I ended the call. I was livid with anger. How could she be so callous right now? I get that they were not related and she was just playing the role of a guardian to Tomiwa, but still it doesn't give her the right to treat her like this. Only God knows maybe it's because of her behavior towards her, that is why she hasn't gotten a man in her life or actually child of her own. Either way, I choose not to dwell on that. So I walked up to the receptionist and did all the necessary documentation required. I waited  patiently for the doctor to come out of her ward.  It was taking forever but I exercised patience. And five hours later the doctor emerged.

"Are you the guardian of Miss Tomiwa Adeshika?"

I stood up from my sitting position. I was not the guardian, I was only friends to the guardian but, from the looks of things I don't think I have much of a choice than to assume the position of one for her sake. Once Tomiwa was all better I am definitely going to have a word with Miss Okiki. With that in mind, I smiled and nodded to the doctor saying.

" Yes! Yes sir. Will she be okay?"

"Well, she has fractured her ribs. And her elbow is broken. We don't know how fast it will take to heal. She is in a comma right now, so we hope for the best.  We just need you to sign some more paper works and we will do our best to revive her."

"What?" I whispered not believing my ear. She was in a comma? Did I rush her in an hour too late? What really happened to her and why did she have that much injuries? Gosh! I will not be able to forgive myself if something happens to her.

"She was truly at the verge of death when you brought her in. She would have bled to death,
but you came to the rescue just in time to save her Mr.."

"Mr Folarin, the name is Mr Akinfolarin Adeyemi." I finished his sentence with a slouch.

Thank goodness I passed by that open gate when I did. I don't even want to know how devastating it would have been if the news got to me. No! I wasn't going to think of it, she needs to survive and I will keep praying for her until she does. She can't just leave this earth just like that, no, not on my watch.

"Oh whoa Mr Adeyemi, aren't you the son of Mrs Adeyemi the principal of  Dowen academy? Whoa my Son goes there and brings home fantastic grades, such a small world."

I gave him a forced smile and he immediately got the message that now wasn't the best time for familiarities. He cleared his throat awkwardly before saying.

"Ehem, just sign here and there and you'll need to make a deposit of 20k to begin her treatment. See the receptionist for the payment."

With that I signed the document before he  left. I headed to the receptionist to do as I was told with one prayer on my mind.

Dear God please let Tomiwa survive this.