Chapter 5

Image of Herbert Macaulay prep in the  Media above

Tomiwa POV

Its another  day at Herbert Macaulay prep the school was buzzing as usual.  Everyone was anticipating the great list,  it was due to drop last week Monday  but it didn't. I was at the Assembly ground with Erica  and a bunch of other student on this blissful Monday morning. Even though I had endured a bucket of insult from Miss okiki I refused to be crestfallen.

How could I possible be when I was sure to get accepted into one of the prestigious school in Lagos, Dowen Academy. I couldn't  help the way i was feeling, I means they haven't even called my  name yet and I was  jittery,  excited and over whelmed how much more when they do, I would probably exploded with emotions.  I try to pull my self together nibbling on my bottom lips as an act of nervousness. 

Erica on the other hand tried her best to calm her racing heart,  she also want to spend her last year in Dowen Academy. We held into each other like our life's depended on it, our eyes following each step the principal of our school  made.

Mrs Abioritsegbemi  a dark  slime figure married Yoruba woman with 2 kids.  She looks to be in her early 30s as there are no trace of wrinkles  and her full hair was packed to a high bun.  I guess single handedly running the school and being the principal for 2years hasn't had  much of a effect on her.

She carried herself with grace elegance and sophistication as she made  her way to the podium. This is the day I've been wait my whole life, the day I'd get transferred to  Dowen Academy. She made her usual Monday morning speech about morals and religion  and I only paid attention because I wanted to district my self from thinking about the great list.

You are probably wondering what the great list is right?  Well you need not wonder.  The great list is a list of students who would get  transferred from Herbert Macaulay prep to any prestigious schools in Nigeria, any school of your freaking choice!!!  pretty cool right!!? Now that why I call it the great list,  some call it the great turn around while  others call it the game changer. 

But here is the catch, there is an entrance exam  which you have to write and get above 90% before you can be transfered. Most importantly the consent of a parent is needed else your stuck in this good for nothing ancient of days school. Yea forget the fact that the school looks cool on the outside,  this school is a real dump on the inside.  No water in the toilet to keep the WC up and running, no WiFi in the computer lab,  oh wait that because we don't have a computer lab and as big as the stupid school is we SS3 student we still had to share classes with our juniors. There was literally no way out,  It was always Promise and fail. 

I groan inwardly as she finally ended her speech on morals and religion. Finally I thought,  not like I was a bad kid who doesn't listen or give a damn about all this stuff. i do, its just she is been saying the same damn speech ever Monday morning ever since she became the principal 2years ago. Trust me this speak is kinda engraved in my heart already.

If only she could get someone to repeat the same speech of how to make your school great both inside and out

My subconscious mocked, I would have giggled and made the joke know to Erica but now wasn't the time to share a joke. She cleared her throat again to get our attention  before she open the small envelope in her hand. 

"Okay everyone its the moment we've all been waiting for, so I'll get right to it.
1)Michael Adebowale. Congratulations you've been accepted into
Brookstone Secondary School, Port Harcourt

2)David Hassan. Congratulations,
You've been accepted into
Kayron International School, Lagos

3)Abigail Nwadike.   Congratulations,
You've been accepted into
Premiere Academy, Abuja