Chapter 40

Tomiwa POV

"Hmmm ahhh feels good to be back!" I exclaimed jumping before lying on my bed. I was discharged from the hospital and now I was no longer living with Miss Okiki.

How could I possibly go back there after what happened? I sighed and Ebuka was quick to be by my side saying...

"Hey, hey look at me, don't think about it okay." I smiled at him and he stroked my face lovingly.

"How did I get so lucky? I am supposed to be dead." I frowned looking down at the small scar that formed on my hand due to the drips I was on. Instead, he hugged me tightly to himself saying...

"It drove me insane to see you in that hospital. So please don't say such things please"

I sighed, getting more comfortable in his hug as I inhaled his masculine scent. The day I was discharged it was Mr. Folarin and Ebuka that brought me to Mr. Folarin's house. I knew  I couldn't live with Miss Okiki again not after I tried to kill myself at her place.  What really surprised me was the fact that she was so quick to agree and get rid of us. I mean I knew she hated us but I didn't think it was that much. I remember her last hurtful words when we came to her house to pack our things.

She said it to both my brother and I, literally screaming "Good riddance you filthy pile of trash." From that day onward, I began to wonder, what my brother and I did  to deserve so much hate from her. Thinking about it now brought tears to my eyes.

As I soaked Ebuka's shirt with my tears. The rest of the gang Emmanuella and the rest were also around but they were downstairs . I cried for a full 20 minutes in Ebuka's arms while he was saying sweet nothing in my ears trying to possibly pacify me. 

"Hey, hey. Pls stop crying, it makes me cry to see you cry." He said and I chuckled at that. He was smiling at me, happy that his last statement had dried my tears somehow. We held each other's gaze for 5 secs until his eyes subtly glanced at my softly parted lips before returning to my eyes.  I couldn't quite comprehend what he was asking for and before I could fully understand he crashed his lips against mine making my eyes flush close.

His lips were so soft, and they had me melting like butter, every stroke of his tongue against mine had my heart racing.  It was bliss and I didn't want to pull away as he pulled me closer to himself to deepen the kiss. It was supposed to be my first kiss, and I was supposed to enjoy it, but for some reason, I wasn't. I pulled away from Ebuka slowly and he immediately got the message.

"What's wrong... did I do something wrong?"

He asked, his voice thick with emotions. I shook my head at him with a wry smile on my face before saying.

"I'm sorry, it's not you. It's just I don't think I want to be in a relationship, not after the metal scar I got thanks to Daniel forcing himself on me."

He looked at me with what I expected to be pity but I was wrong. His eyes only glowed with love. He sniffed and blinked back his tears before giving me a Dainty kiss on my forehead.

"Of course. It will be inhuman to force you into a relationship. Take your time to heal Tomiwa, heroes do need their rest, and so do you."

I smiled at him glad he understood me. We heard a soft knock on the door and before we knew it Emmanuella walked in with a tray of food in her hand. She gave me a cheerful smile as she stretched it out to me.

" You must be hungry. I made you a treat."

"Thanks, Emma. Means a lot."

Wait, hold on. I looked at Ebuka and then Emmanuella. What's going on here, last I checked Emmanuella hated my guts, and not to mention she wanted me as far away from Ebuka as possible. What was going on?