Chapter 35

Emmanuella's POV

Finally one exam down and one more to go, and by that I mean NECO. We just finish our WAEC exam about a month ago and we only had 3 weeks of rest. The exact amount of time I and the gang needed to look for clues, one that will lead to the evidence that Tomiwa was innocent.

Through the power vested in me as the head girl I was able to sweet talk the principal into making photocopies of the micro chip. I gave a copy to everyone, and by everyone one I meant Lydia, Mercy and Ebuka.  We all worked in teams of two to make sure we did a thorough search. It was almost lunch time and we science students were in class having tutorials.

"So guys, do we all understand and remember the function of all the elements in chemistry?"

They mumbled their response looking away from me. In that moment someone raised up their hands. I nodded for the person to carry on so she could speak.

"I know this is quite embarrassing but I am not quite sure I get the purpose of Sodium in a chemical compound."

"Oh that depends on the compound it's in. If sodium is in a compound like —"

I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Who could that be? I thought. But the bell rang signaling the end of the period and the beginning of lunch. Everyone rushed out of the class heading to the cafeteria, my tummy grumbled at that moment alerting me that I needed to eat something. I went to pack my bag but I saw a Junior standing at the edge of the door, I figured she was the one that came knocking on our class door.

"Good afternoon senior Emmanuella. The principal sent me to call you." and with that she ran off after delivering the message.

"Oh thank you, I'll go and meet her now." I said smiling. and with that she ran off after delivering the message.My tummy grumbled in hunger again and I held it kissing my teeth in annoyance. I picked my bag after packing my things and Kelvin came the minute I was about stepping out. He secretly pecked me when no one was looking before saying...

"Ella boo, how are you doing? How was the chemistry review today?"

"Oh Kel bear, it was a bit strenuous. Can we talk later? I need to see the principal. I'll meet you at the cafeteria okay." I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheeks. He looked surprise but he kept it in a sly smirk on his face.

We both went out of my class and while I headed for the principal's office he headed for the cafeteria. I got to the administrative block and walked in after greeting the receptionist at the front desk. I walked straight to the principal's office. I knocked on her door a few times before letting myself in.

"Ma, you sent for me."

"Oh Emmanuella. Sit please. How is the search going? Have you found anyone with a matching hand writing as the Micro chip?"

"Not, nothing yet. We'll keep searching ma'am." I responded. I was so confidence that our plan would work, that we would find the real culprit behind the micro chip if only we look harder. A days had gone by and yet nothing, but we weren't giving up hope. I gave her a cheerful smile to show her that I knew what I was talking about, she sighed before saying...

"And what if you never find the culprit? For all we know Tomiwa might have paid someone to write all that so she could sneak it into the exam hall."

"Hmm you have a point. But at the same time it's worth the try. We will alert you immediately once we've got the name of the person behind this."

"Hmm I trust you. But make it snappy alright? Your NECO exams is around the corner."

I nodded in affirmation before she dismissed me. I stood up to leave and I headed straight for the cafeteria as my tummy rumbled for the third time. I got to our usual table and I greeted the guys. They all gave me a nod of acknowledgment while they chatted amongst themselves.

"My gawd today's menu is the bomb. Emma you should try it."

"Urrr okay." I stuttered in response to Lydia's statement taking a spoon out of the coconut rice in front of me. I am guessing it must have been Kelvin who collected the food on my behalf. Immediately  the food hit my tongue, my taste buds went crazy with excitement. I rushed two more spoons into my mouth as I stuffed it with food. I took a gulp out of my favorite drink as well to push it down.

"Oh good lord. Lydia you are never wrong about food." I commented as I continued eating my food. Kelvin just chuckled at my comment while he was eating his lunch. After a while, he asked.

"So babe what was the principal calling you in for? I hope you are not in any trouble."

"Oh no, not at all. She was just asking how the search is going." I said taking a sip out of my drink. I put another spoonful in my mouth and while I was savoring the taste, my eyes landed on Ebuka. I noticed he wasn't eating. He was just staring at the food like it would magically disappear from his front and enter into his tummy.

I sigh finally taking a good look at him. He looked skinnier than usual. He probably hasn't been eating right or sleeping either because I could see that he had eyes bags under his eyes.

"Hey..." I heard myself call out to him. He didn't even move or bulge. I sighed, feeling sorry for him. He must really have feelings for Tomiwa for him to be this affected by her being in the hospital. I cleared my throat and tried again, this time calling him name.

"Hey, Ebuka."

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me with those sad eyes. My heart immediately clenched in my chest. This was what I was avoiding. I hate seeing any of my friends in this state especially when it was Ebuka. He was like the brother I never had, even better than the twin brother I never had.

"It's going to be fine Ebuka. This too shall pass and I promise we are going to help you get through this."

"Thanks Emma." He responded, his voice sad and raspy, lacking all form of emotion. I blinked away the tears that threatened to fall looking at my plate. Our table was quiet as the chatter died down. Now I really prayed that we find the culprit fast. I can't let Ebuka continue living like this - no not on my watch.

___________________________________

hi guys  sorry for the delay in update. I was down and Ill for a while, but I an getting better now. I am sorry if you experienced any typos I haven't properly looked through it yet, I just wanted to get it out here.

This book is currently on 800k reads let smash 900 before month ends 🥺🥵🥺

Pls don't forget to spoil this chapter with
Votes
💬Comment💬
And of cause i'd really appreciate it if you
💖Share 💖
And tell your friends to read the story too 🥺
💫Thank you. 💫