Chapter 19

Birthday girl in the media above. This is to thank you for all the kind wished and most importantly for getting this book to 600k reads. Thanks a bunch and it means a lot

Tomiwa POV

We were on to the next round, I and Ebuka. Lydia would have move on to the next round with us but unfortunately, it was just two people that could proceed hence Lydia had to be dropped. 

"You did real good for us Tomiwa. I am so proud— hold on are you crying?"

Lydia ask me the minute I go off the stage. She gave me a raised eyebrow but I just took my Handkerchief to dab my  tears - which by the way was in my bra throughout the whole performance. She smiled at me and hugged me and I immediately relaxed as my tears dried up on it own.  After they announced that I  and Ebuka were moving to the next round, Lydia gave me another hug squealing congratulations.
Ebuka joined in too to  and to make it one big group up, everyone one, our back up dancers joined in as well.

"Come on guys, I hear our favorite power couple, Emmanuella and kevin are leading in the Academic. Let's go watch them."

Ebuka said once we all pull away from the hug. There was a hall directly opposite where the music aspects of the competition was holding on. We got there and found a way to squeeze ourselves between chigozie and faruq who where sitting in front. Emmanuella and Kelvin were crushing it as usual but their opponents from Forrester Academy were crushing it like crazy as well. I read their names in front of the small podium they were standing on

Kesiena Uloho And Donald Ogbemudia they were representing their school for Science and Art, while Emmanuella and Kelvin were doing the same for our school. From where we sat they look really tensed, I guess it's because they have both been tied up for more than an hour now and the game is dragging more than it suppose too.

"WHEEW WE ARE ALL TIED UP, THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE A TOUGH TIE TO BREAK. BUT HERE IS A TIE BREAKER QUESTION."

I heard the moderator for the program say and I looked up paying more attention. He keep on throwing tie breaker questions, but the students Kesiena Uloho And Donald Ogbemudia of Forrester Academy were really good. Emmanuella and Kevin were too stubborn to back down either. At some point the contestants had to go on a short break so they could have a meeting on how to take the other team down.

" what do you think they are talking about."

I asked Lydia innocently, but before she could respond the moderators mic boomed again and we had to listen.

"THE NEXT QUESTION IS GOING TO BE A FINAL TIE BREAKER. IF WE ALL GET THE QUESTIONS RIGHT THEN, WE WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO MOVE THEM TO THE NEXT ROUND."

Well this is going to be a lot tricker than I thought. Just as i had Suspected on one lost so they all moved to the next round. I am sure the question for the next round are going to be alot tougher this time around, so at least two people could loose so the winner will be identified.

" congratulations Emmanuella . I guess you really are tougher Than you look."

" thanks Kesiena, you are also one tough nut to crack."

I over heard kesiena and Emmanuella talking. I was taking aback that the were congratulating each other. If I'm being honest I half expected they would be At each other's necks by now. I got close to congratulate them while Ebuka, Lydia, Kelvin, and kesiena's Patner Donald were having a conversation not to far of.