Prologue

5 years ago

My brother and I were playing card games as were spending the weekend at Kwa Waterfall with out parents Mr and Mrs Adeshika . it was an awesome time with the family and just when I thought things couldn't get any better, it got better. My dad received a call for his fourth ever contract with the commission of housing and logistics. Which was long over due if you ask me.

My dad was an architect and was pretty good at it but sadly he wasn't a regular salary earner because he didn't work on a daily based. He only had work when ever he was give a contact and that wasn't very often, unlike my mom who works as a dry cleaner in the daffodil international drycleaning center. They are one of the best dry cleaners in calabar where we stayed.

We we're currently at one of the most popular waterfall in calabar Kwa Waterfall having a refreshing time with my family and other family who where around as well. I still couldn't believe our day of being recognize was finally here after all this years of suffering and smiling. It was never easy for us at all, as we were literally at the bottom of the chain here in calabar. We all lived in a one room apartment and we could hardly pay the rent. We where almost sent packing out of the house self if not for Gods divine intervention.

Those were really dark days for me and my family. I had just finish my primary school education, my brother just concluded his secondly school education as well here in calabar. Due to the situation on ground my elder brother and I had to abandon our schooling, besides we didn't even have enough money for that. We were still struggle to put food on the table and keep a roof over our head we couldn't possible add school to it.

Instead we went about selling things from food stuff, to clothes, to shoes and to bags, what ever it is we could find, we sell, just soo we would have enough money to support the family. I'm just grateful it was just the two of us, my brother and I, we weren't more than this, so it was easy to manage without complaining.

One faithful Sunday morning I was opportunity to sell mom's freshly made hot akara to one of the most popular engineers in calabar, his name was Louis Edet. He bought all the akara from me that day and paid for more than what he bought. I was surprised at his kind gesture toward me because I didn't think any one with such good heart still exist. He told me his intentions of sending me back to school so I could finish not just my secondary school education but my university education as well, he gave me his business card and told me to think about it.

Later that day when I got home, I narrate my whole encounter with Louis Edet and my mom began shedding tears of joy. Our break through had finally come and the lord had answered our silent prayer's and heart cry. The next day instead of giving him a call my father wore his best clothes as he went to pay Louis a visit and that was how we were set up for life. No more hawking on the street, no more begging for bread, no more begging the landlord for more time.

I was filled will joy when my father came home with the good news. My dad was going to be employed as the architect that he was mom was give a stable and well paid steady job. The next day I was enrolled in limelight secondary school while by brother was able to studying the course of his choose in university of calabar. We moved out of the one bedroom face me I slap you compound and into a much comfortable one with a 3 bedroom flat.

I was super trill knowing that my dads next project was going to require us living calabar to lagos, the life of the party, not like i was a party freak or anything. I just thought maybe our life would be soo much better and productive if we lived there, instead of this boring and monotonous state calabar. Since this was the very last weekend we were spending in calabar we figure we'd spending it in style.

"Aiii!! I can't believe we are going to lagos sis!!"

"I know right!!! that place sounds like a blast!"

"Yea know it. I mean no offense to calabar but once you spend your entire childhood here, there really isn't much to see any more. "

"Tell me about. I am just glad we are all going to Lagos as a family. "

"Me too I wonder how people in Lagos are like, friendly, arrogant, bossy, clumsy, nice, or stupid? "

"Haba Temi sha don't go and say it to their face oo, me I'm not there if they beat you up. "

We both laughed of as we kept talking and gists of what our life would be like when we get to Lagos. Little did we know that our life was about to take a drastic turn around because as quickly as we Rose, that was how quickly we fell and broke into million piece. We were back to square one begging for scrapes and selling any thing sellable for we had lost both our parents in a Car crash on our way to Lagos. How we even ended up in the streets of Lagos was a miracle.