Chapter 1

Tomiwa POV

Moonbeams and starlight, magical twilight

The warmest ray, hear it whispering your names

Rainbows at midnight, sparkling night skies

Don't go away, stay another day

"Shut you mouth hole princess and start baking a new batch of spring rolls!! "

I rolled my eyes at that before carrying out the order she gave me,  actually yelled at me.  I'm sure you must be wondering who the lady yelling  at me is?,  well you need not wonder far; that  is my boss Miss  Adeniwura okikiola also my Guardian.  She is the CEO of this catering company called  Golden-Fray. And from her tone you can tell she not you  average sweet cuddly boss lady,  nah-uh.  She is your  typical grouchy pants who yells at everything and everyone like a woman in labor.

Sadly i can't complain,  I mean how can you complain about the woman who feeds you and your elder brother,  who thought it was best to welcome you into here home when no one else did,  who decide to invest soo much in your live by sending both you and your brother to school. I went to kitchen where all the backing is done and I go to work making more spring rolls.

Before I knew it I started drifting down memory's lane while making the bather for the spring roll.  My life wasn't always like this, I didn't  have to go through this much hardship when my parents where alive...  Thinking about them brought tear to my eyes and I  quickly wiped them away.  I didn't want any of the worker at this place to see me cry,  they already tagged me as inhuman because they've never seen me cry  and I'd like to  leave it that way. 

I sigh remembering  or last moment together as a family. We didn't have everything  but we were  contented with the little we had and out of the little we were able to mange. It wasn't until God saw all our struggle and hardship he finally decide to easy our pain.  Sending an angel inform of a man named Louis Edet who eventually helped my family moving us from Grass to Grace.  I was more than happy,  finally I could stop selling food by the road side and I could continue my education.

But the happiness was short lived,  my dad got another contact in Lagos.  We had to travel by road to save cost and in the process of saving cost, we all got involved in an terrible accident that cost them there lives. my brother and I were  the only survivers of the accident. It was a really heartbreaking reality for me as I still have nightmare about that day... Once I had finish making the spring rolls I put them in the oven and set the timer to the appropriate minutes. 

you think maybe now that my brother and i are orphans life will move on smoothly for us. Well, sorry to bust your bubbles but it only got way worse from there,  it was nothing but rough and patchy.  Life hasn't Been all that rose for me and my elder brother trust me. they always say life is filled with soo many ups and down but for us,  we've had more down that ups.  do you know why?, its because   each time we are the verge of a break through  something remotely terrible happened and I am sick of it.

You know that saying that goes "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"   well I wanna say it a lie but then I'll be lying if I said it a lie. My brother and I have pushed thorough so many obstacle together thought out those 5 years  without our parents and i am sure that where ever they are,  they would be happy at what we have become.  I got up from where I was sited to check on the spring rolls and sure enough they where ready.  I took them out of the oven when outside to put some  of them  in the show glass while the rest were neatly arranged. Once i was done with that, i when to the kitchen to make more small chops.

6:00pm

Finally it was closing time at  Golden-Fray and just like everyone else I wanted to go home but I couldn't.  I'm one of the unfortunate people who stay behind to do extra work,  cleaning and scrubbing the  kitchen making sure its in good shape for tomorrow.  As usual i couldn't complain either,  else I'll be sleeping in her backyard. After another  hour doing extra work,  we  finally closed for the day and Miss Okikola was kind enough to give me a ride to her home. 

Notice I said "kind enough",  yea That because some others time I'd have to find my way to her house myself even though she was heading home.  She just  enjoys making life unbearable for me, manipulating and using me to her advantage because she knows  I'm an orphan and I got no one else except my brother.  It took awhile for us to get home because of the Lagos traffic,  and  I was too exhausted due to amount of work i did today. Once  I got to my room I didn't even bother  to change out of my outfit  or eat dinner,  I just  crashed on my bed knowing I would have to wake up early to prepare for school tomorrow.

_____________________________________

Sorry its super  short,  I'm still trying to Gather my  thoughts on everything and make this one just as good,  better even than just another Valentine.  I really  hope you like this one tho, any way welcome to
🍾At the verge of it all. 🍾
I hope you like it.

Pls don't forget to
🌈Vote  🌈
📝comment📝
Share

🌺Thank you 🌺