Chapter 14

Images of Tomiwa's hair in the media

Tomiwa POV

" omo it's her hair of me ooo. Nice to me you Tomiwa. And a very big welcome to Dowen Academy, the home of none stop drama."

" thank you Emmanuella. It's nice to meet you and be here."

I said to the girl sitting directly inform of me. This all still feel so surreal to me, I was finally in Dowen academy, mingling with the one percent of the one percent. Me Towima Adesika, a common pupper, a simple orphan sitting at the same table with the sons and daughters of the rich and mighty. Damn! Can some please pinch me because I really want to believe I am in dreaming.

I was currently sitting at the table, yes!! The table were all the cute cuddly and friendly people who are in the good books of the teachers where seated. Like they said, if feel soo good. Back at my old school we didn't have the table, you can just sit were ever you want but I guess that does apply here. I had no idea Ebuka had front role tickets to this table and I didn't know this we're his friends. This people especially Kevin and Emanuella were like the power couple whom the school never fails to talk about. And what's more they were the head girl and boy of their set, I smile and squeezed my eyes screaming mental.

" are you okay? Is something wrong with your eyes?"

Chigoze ask me when he noticed me squeezeing my eyes so tightly instead of eating. I snapped it open real quick and looked at him with a weary smile. An Idea came to my head and instead of thinking it through I acted on impulse.  I closed my eyes again and used my left hand to starch it saying ,

" oh yea, something is wrong with my eye."

" oh really, let me see what's wrong"

" I can't take them out of you."

I said to him Before he could get up and get a look at my eyes. I place my thumb, index and ring finger under my chin, my bottom  lips in-between my teeth as I squinted my eyes and him.

Kevin and Lydia were the ones to snicker as they were trying to hold there laugher. Faruq on the other other hand didn't bother hiding it. He busted into laughing earning a few glares from the other table that was close to us. And Just like that the rest of the table joined and I smile at them. Chigozie Just rolled his eyes, a mocking grimace on his face as he said

" haha very funny, next time when you tell me something is wrong with your eyes, I will most delightfuly ignore you."

The laugher died down naturally and we all continued eating out food which was coconut rice and turkey with a bottle of sprite for me. Emmanuella and the gang had different soft drink to go with theirs as well.  the table was getting a little to quite but before I could speak Lydia who happens to be  the social prefect spoke.

" is it just me, or am I the only excited for DGT!"

Yeap that one is a shocker, I am not too surprised because Lydia seems like the only one keeping this table alive. She is such a chatter box so the role as social prefect soothes her perfectly, I also notice that Faruq is on the loud side as well, I won't be surprised if he is also a social prefect. From the way Faruq and Lydia keep throwing subtle glance at each other self, I think it safe to say they have a thing going on, that's if they are not in a relationship already.

" what's DGT?"

"Dowens Got talent. It's a competition introduced by our previous seniors and some great Aluminum of our school. There is this huge price money at the end of the competition and free scholarship to study any course of your choice within Nigeria."