chapter 26

Tomiwa POV

The dreaded moment of being an SS3 student was finally coming in close. We were all preparing   for our WAEC and NECO exams coming up the following month staring with our WAEC first. This was to begin two Mondays from now, but that was the least of my worries. All I could think of at that time being was how not to get pregnant.

Ever since I realize what Daniel Egiro did to me, I've been so out of shape. The fear of getting pregnant was all that was on my mind. The sad part was I could not go to the hospital to do check up. I really wanted to but I am under age so If I walked into any pharmacy or hospital saying I wanted to do a pregnancy test - phew I don't even want to think about it at all. I just hope for the sake of my broke ass, my period shows up.

"Hey Tomima what's up? You look a little blue. You sure you don't want baba blue?"

Ebuka said with excitement and I looked at him with a death glare shutting him up in an instance. He cleared his throat and I looked away, focused on my book. I could feel his heated gaze on me and it was making me uncomfortable. I groaned and looked at him sharply before saying.

"Hey quite staring at me! I am not some art work you should stare at!"

I shunned him and all he did was open and close his month like a fish out of water.  I could see the hurt evident in his eyes and it was suffocating  to look at so I looked away, regretting my action of yelling at him like that. He looked away from me and I felt my heart squeeze. I really didn't like how I shunned him like that, all because I was in a bad mood. I still am but that doesn't give me a right to talk to him like that.

At least I should appreciate that it's thanks to him I have friends I can count out. Friends that I keep disappointing no matter how hard I tried. It just isn't fair. All I want was a normal life but sadly I am blessed with being an orphan, believe me, it suck and I can't even open up to the people I call friends fearing what they would think of me if I told them I was an orphan. Realizing I made a mistake yelling at him, I wanted to turn to him to apologize but before I could the biology teacher showed up.

"Good morning students. I apologize for the delay. I am aware that your exams are fast approaching and so today we would be doing revisions."

Some were happy about it and some were not, some  preferred to do absolutely nothing . She ignored our groans of displeasure as she carried on with the revisions. The class was going on just fine until I felt something between my legs, immediately I was excited. My mood brightened and I raised  my hands to signal the teacher that I wanted to use the restroom. I got there and entered one of the stalls, and pulled down my panties, only to notice that it was just vaginal discharge.

I was disappointed. My period was due this month already and all I keep getting was vaginal discharge. Why won't my period come? It's 3 days late already. I peed and cleaned myself before heading for the wash hand basin to wash my hand. I wasn't done when Emmanuella walked in a smile on her face, but I knew a fake smile when I see one.

"Hi Tomiwa, been tough to get your attention this days. Exams right?"

"Umm yea— I guess." I responded with a shrug before making an attempt to leave the restroom. I've been here long enough and I just wanted to be in the comfort of my class. She held my arm to stop me from going and I sighed, wondering what the matter was. I smiled at her, a fake smile of course before saying...

"Any problem Emma? I have a class to get to."

"You know what - listen, Ebuka is like a brother to me and I take things that involve him very seriously. Now if you know you don't like him, or if you know you won't regard him or his feelings that he has for you, then please go make yourself useful somewhere else." She said. Her tone was strong with authority as she looked me straight in the eyes without blinking at all.