⌞twenty⌝

Step one of Arabella's and Effy's plan had worked

Step one of Arabella's and Effy's plan had worked. They had managed to track down one of the fit boys in their English class and had successfully got him to ask Arabella's number in which she replied with 'i dont give it out for free, i might need a little persuading'

Yeah, they fucked in the bathroom of a restaurant not even thirty minute after that interaction.

And she gave him his number. Sat in her contact list was now a boy named Daniel Miller. A contact that was used frequently over a day, sending teasing messages back and forth up until around eleven at night when they agreed to meet up after Daniels Shift, they went back to Arabella's night and had a very long and sweaty night.

On Monday, Arabella decided to go back into college and what was her first class? English. The only class she shared with her new fling.

Over the past couple of days James had done some thinking, not hearing from Arabella fucked him up and after the endless amount of drinking to try and wash away the unusual emotions he was feeling. He woke up with a scruffy confession note explaining that he was head over heels for the black haired girl.

So when he entered English and saw Arabella practically sat on Daniel Miller's lap eating each others faces, James felt his heart shatter. A feeling the seventeen year old wasnt exactly used to. Effy smirked at the sight of a clearly aggravated James Cook who was sat opposite her and sent Arabella a nod.

"so hamlet, what's it all about?" Their English teacher asked "anyone?"

Arabella spoke after a brief moment of silence, not wanting to upset her teacher and being a secret Shakespeare fan came in handy some times.

"The ghost of the king of Denmark tells hamlet, his son, to avenge his murder by killing the new king who also happens to be hamlets uncle. Hamlet ends up feigning madness while contemplating life and death and also seeking revenge. His uncle devises plots to kill hamlet in fear of loosing his own life and at the end of it practically everyone of relevance to the play dies"

Not expecting such an educated reply from a girl who is basically never in college and has shown the fact that she has no interest in English, all eyes seemed to turn towards her. She was wearing a simple black cropped top and beige trousers and her black docs on her feet. Her hair was clipped up on the back of her head and her reading glasses (which she almost never wore) sat upon her head.

"very good Arabella" Josie said through her slightly off putting hand puppet voice. Arabella looked away from the lady and towards James who was glaring at the boy beside her. Seeing this, Daniel muttered something in her ear and kissed just below her jaw. James clenched his jaw as the girl laughed at whatever he said.

And then in came Freddie.

"sorry, got held up" Freddie told Josie, debating whether to sit beside James or Effy, ultimately deciding the latter which Arabella smirked at

"is Freddie gonna fail his A-Level's" Josie's hand puppet, Gerald, asked

"Fraid so Gerald. Your all gonna fail if you dont read the pucking book" Josie told everyone

"ive read it, it was great" Pandora told the lady, just the voice of the blonde wanted to make Arabella reach over the table and smack her out of her ditzy state "i didn't really understand it though, did the ghost do it after all or was it Voldemort, hes a right beat aint he"

That made Arabella, A harry potter fanatic, laugh to herself

"you got your books mixed up, panda pops" Arabella sent the blonde a shit eating grin but her tone was laced with venom. Until Pandora tells Arabella that she was in the wrong, Arabella will not even think about being friendly to her.

"so in summary, the predominant themes of William Shakespeare's hamlet are..." Josie dragged out "action, inaction, madness"

Josie just kept listing along a bunch of words that Arabella couldn't be bothered to list down, feeling eyes on her Arabella looked up. James had his chin rested on his hand that was propped up on the desk as his eyes never left Arabella's form.

Arabella leant back in her chair, crossing one leg over the other as she played with the rings on her fingers knowing that if she looked back at James she would struggle not pulling him out the class and snogging him. She grabbed her pen front he desk and started drawing patterns on the back of her hand

"Hamlets basically a teenage boy" Naomi's statement dragged Arabella out of her state, the blonde looking at Freddie and then to James "He's got these desires but he doesn't have the bottle to reach out for them. So he goes mad and wanks off about Ophelia and end up so boring that somebody has to kill him"

Arabella's phone then rang out, the girl apologising as she grabbed it out of the bag and walked outside. Through the walls, the English class couldn't hear what was being said and only really saw a slightly irritated Arabella. Teens where nosy so no one was paying attention to Josie anymore, only to the girl outside

"what the fuck is wrong with you" Was the first of multiple things that the class could hear, the girl was no longer in sight as she was leaning against the wall just by the door

"im not coming with you just so you can pretend were some happy fucking family" Not even a minute later, Effy had sat up straight and ready to leave and make sure her best friend was okay

"no mum, im not leaving Bristol. I have friends here"
"yeah i know you dont like them"
"mum i swear can we just talk about this when i finish college"
"no im not fucking leaving early"
"because im not leaving Bristol mum!"

Arabella then went silent since she had hung up the phone and Effy quickly got up and left the room. The black haired girl was sat on the floor just under the window, her head back against the wall and her eyes closed. Effy took a seat beside the girl

"mum and dad want to move" Arabella mumbled, toying with the zip of her boot "i wouldn't mind if it was close but they want to move to fucking France"

Im sorry for that last bit, its slightly embarassing but it was needed to lead us onto our next chapter, also Daniel will probably be forgotten in a few chapters but i might make him like the cool side character best friend thats barely in it but ...

Im sorry for that last bit, its slightly embarassing but it was needed to lead us onto our next chapter, also Daniel will probably be forgotten in a few chapters but i might make him like the cool side character best friend thats barely in it but everyone loves their friendship when they interact

Daniel Miller played by William Franklyn-Miller

\/ Arabella's Outfit \/