⌞sixty five⌝

Arabella didn't want to run but in her head it was the only logical way to deal so with a quick phone call and a pack of a bag, the girl headed out

Arabella didn't want to run but in her head it was the only logical way to deal so with a quick phone call and a pack of a bag, the girl headed out. Grabbing the first train back into the town she swore ever going back to. The two girls then set off on their adventure, getting completely fucked in every town the visited whether at the pub or a bar or even getting high of drugs the local dealer sold them.

Lilah Daniels, the pretty girl from the town James, Effy and Arabella had ended up in all that time ago stuck by Arabella's side the whole time. The endless nights of sleeping in a park, Arabella nicking clothes from a shop just so she had something nice to wear to the clubs, The black haired girl flirting with bartenders to get free drinks. Lilah stuck with her and for that she was grateful.

However, something felt different. Like something was missing and only when a random started flirting with Arabella did she notice what that missing piece was. She wanted James, her James, by her side while she went on these crazy adventures. She wanted to call or anything, try and convince him to come to where she was but the girl knew that was selfish. He was already hiding from the feds, she didn't want him to risk getting caught for her.

Three weeks she had been gone, three weeks without any contact with anyone at home, three weeks that Effy had to sit through thinking her best friend just didn't want to visit her. Effy was getting better but they feared that if she found out about Arabella that she would refer back to the old Effy, the Effy who hid herself away and drowned her sorrows with alcohol and drugs. Something Arabella was doing while Effy was recovering.

Lilah could tell that Arabella was getting homesick, she was more antsy and every boy with short brown hair sent her into shock. Over those three weeks, something in Arabella changed. She was putting herself in danger more often and started fights with anyone that called her anything but Arabella

It was only when Arabella muttered James' name while looking at a boy who looked like him, did Lilah refuse to go any further with her. She somehow convinced the girl to go home, to shower in her own home and not in a sketch hotel, to be with her James and not with boys who just looked like him.

So, with an emotional goodbye at the train station, the two girls went there separate ways. Arabella was on her way home, back to Bristol in a dress she nabbed from a shop that stupidly had dresses hung up outside. Her hair was longer and her lips tinted red from the new shade of ligloss she had bought. The heel's on her feet was something she found in the back alley of a club yet they where perfectly new. Arabella didn't look eighteen, she looked a lot older.

The train ride home was long as they had almost travelled all the way to London during their three week disappearance, it gave the girl a chance to actually sleep peacefully and after getting off that train it was like a breath of fresh air.

Arabella was still coming down from a cocaine high, she was slightly wobbly on her feet and her eyes where droopy. Her feet took her to the place she knew best, the cemetery in which her brother was buried. She dropped to the floor, crossing her legs and heading into a in depth story of her little holiday. Once explaining everything and getting it all of her chest, Arabella headed over to the lake and sat on a wooden bench as she watched the water rippled.

She knew it was the day of their reports but Arabella already assumed she had failed, plus no one knew she was back and she didn't particularly want to make that announcement by turning up to get her report. So instead, she just headed back home and quietly made her way inside. She wasnt sure if anyone was going to be home but there they where, sat in the living room together, where her parents.

They where both asleep in their pyjamas making the girl wonder, it was barely two in the afternoon on a Friday. The girl stood by the door, just watching them breath as a tear rolled down her face. She wanted something like that when she was older but Arabella deemed that impossible for many reasons. She liked toxicity, she disappeared when things got tough and the boy she wants doesn't seem like the person to settle down.

Seeing her parents in that state was the main reason why guilt bubbled up in her chest, she couldn't believe how she had abandoned them wondering if their little girl was safe. The other reason being that she left her best friend alone, her best friend who needed her. Or maybe she didn't, maybe Arabella was the reason Effy was the way she was, maybe she was the reason she did what she did.

"hey" Arabella mumbled quietly, hoping no one would actually hear so she could disappear to her room but luck was not on her side and her mother jumped up instantly. The older woman rushed towards her daughter and pulled her into a hug, her dad following quickly behind

"you look so different" Delilah mumbled into her daughters hair

"that's what hotel showers and no self care does to you mum" Arabella joked "can i go shower, i have stuff to do and people to see. Ill be home for dinner"

"yeah of course" Her mum nodded, the two adults let go and Arabella left to prepare herself for the drama to come

Lilah is Delilah (maya hawke), the girl Arabella met when James took them to his dad but i changed her name because i completely forgot her mums name was Delilah too

Lilah is Delilah (maya hawke), the girl Arabella met when James took them to his dad but i changed her name because i completely forgot her mums name was Delilah too. completely my mistake lol