⌞thirty eight⌝

Despite laying in damp grass and being freezing cold, Arabella actually slept quite peacefully

Despite laying in damp grass and being freezing cold, Arabella actually slept quite peacefully. She didn't know whether it was because she was wrapped up in James Cook's arms or whether it was because she was away from all the chaos back home but she woke up feeling refreshed. She was at least comfortable enough to stay laying down for a while longer.

Arabella only woke up when she heard Effy laugh from beside her and whisper Arabella's name. She sat up slightly and turned her head towards her best friend who nodded her head in a certain direction. Arabella looking where she signalled and laughing too.

Effy lit a cigarette and left Arabella to wake James up which wasnt exactly hard because with a quick kiss on the forehead and a pat on the tip of his erection the boy had gotten over night, her opened his eyes.

"wakey wakey" Arabella laughed, grabbing a piece of gum from her bag and popping it in her mouth

"where are we?" James asked, looking at their surroundings

"you tell me, your the man with the plan" Arabella joked, pulling her hair out of the ponytail and throwing it into a quick French plait since she felt how greasy it was becoming

"i am" James groaned, slowly sitting up "i am" Arabella raised her eyebrows at the boy in curiosity "i am"

"its been weeks James, one small shitty town to the next" The girl, even though she would never admit it aloud, was missing people back home. Like Freddie, someone she had gotten so close with in such a short period of time and her parents that she had only just got on good terms with.

She had kept in contact with her parents, constantly on a pay phone to let them know she was fine or reminding them that she would be home soon. She didn't know how soon actually was soon but she needed to get home to all the things she was missing because although she loved being away with James and Effy, there was a prominent thing missing in her life.

being around people she knew and not just strangers.

"Oh belle, its not about the destination, its about the journey. '09 bonnie and Clyde plus their little unofficial sidekick. Outlaw tour of Britain" James joked yet again

"im serious James, dont get me wrong its fun being on the run but i think weve done enough. Were hours away from home, where are we going" Arabella sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest

"shes got a point cook" Effy joined in, agreeing with Arabella at the fact that she was done with running away and just wanted to go home or find a place they dont have to keep disappearing from.

"were here" James said calmly "this is it"

"here?" Arabella looked around again, there wasnt much just a canal and a few abandoned looking boats. Effy eyed Arabella with a questioning look.

"here, this town" James confirmed

"why here" Arabella asked, looking back at James

"because this is where my dad lives" James told her with a small smile, grabbing the gum from her bag and slipping one into his mouth before jumping up. Arabella held up her hands and James pulled her back up, grabbing the bag off the floor and walking alongside James. Effy rolled her eyes and followed behind the two.

They conversed as they walked towards the canal where James' dad's boat sat, the three pausing on the bridge. Arabella grabbed his hand and nodded towards the boat

"aren't you coming with me" the boy asked Arabella, knocking his shoulder against hers

"not yet" Arabella smiled

"but i want you to meet him, i brought you here to meet him" James insisted, standing up straight and facing Arabella. She stood in front of him and threw her arms over his shoulders, smiling as they made eye contact

"and i promise i will but i think you need to meet him first" Arabella kissed his cheek before standing back next to Effy "dont be a pussy"

The two girls watched as he headed down towards the canal, both laughing as he slipped on one of the steps

"fuck me i need a shower" Arabella groaned, the other girl nodding in response as they waited for James to finally come back

Uh Oh