The Supreme Recette

(A/N: This was probably my favorite chapter because Y/N goes slightly rogue about what Shinomiya has done to Megumi and the insults that were said to each other were pretty savage.

So anyways...)

It's now for our next class. I was so nervous because I barely passed the previous class with an A. Now this guy named Kojiro is challenging us to make something unique and it's not whatever we want.

He wants us to cook something called a "Terrine". A terrine is a green meal that's almost like a salad, but it has columns of every vegetable that we grew up eating. Kojiro said we have three to complete. If we fail, our ass is out.

And for the first time in my life, the words that came to my mind were "I'm fucked."

Before everyone ran to the back for the ingredients, I quickly grabbed a zucchini, which I learned thanks to some of my vegan friends in New York is the cousin to the cucumber, a fresh batch of cauliflower, broccoli(my favorite green), fresh iceberg lettuce, carrots, squash, and any other vegetable I can find. I was not ready to cook them so I had to rinse them before I made it.

Shinomiya was so fucking strict that he literally expelled two students for helping each other, especially when it the helping hands weren't intentional.

I saw that one of the kids he expelled was weak, but he wasn't in on helping a fellow classmate. He just didn't know that it would come to that.

After making the terrine, I presented my dish to Shinomiya.

Kojiro: Your name?

Y/N: Y/N L/N, sir. An honor.

Kojiro: You are from Italy I presume?

Y/N: Close, I'm Italian, but from Brooklyn.

Kojiro: Alright then, let me see what you got.

I gotta say, his English is really good. When he tried a bite, he didn't have a foodgasm, but I could tell in his eyes, he was enjoying it. Remember, this was my first terrine and I didn't know what it was until I read the recette.

Kojiro: Even for a New York Italian, and making this for the first time, I impressed. You pass.

I was astonished. I didn't think I'd pass his challenge.

When Megumi came up last, I felt bad. She would've wanted to go before me. When I was cleaning my station, I saw him take a bite of Megumi's terrine and he interpreted for me, and I couldn't believe what he was saying:

Kojiro: 松本めぐみ、出かけています。 (Megumi Tadokoro, you're out.)

That enraged me and Souma, and it devastated Megumi.

Kojiro: 挑戦を締めくくる人はみんな。 合格したあなたのものはあなたの次のクラスの準備をします。 (Everyone that concludes the challenge. Those of you who did pass, prepare for your next class.)

Megumi: サー? あなたは私に何が悪いのかを説明できますか? (Sir? Can you explain to me what's wrong?)

Kojiro: さて、あなたのカリフラワーは少しオフだったので、あなたはそれを沸騰させるためにそれを沸騰させましたか? 酢は漂白剤として作用したので、それはその色をうまく維持した。 酢の後味はカリフラワーの甘さを強調しました。 野菜の甘さと酢のわずかな酸味は、完璧な一致、風味の味を作りました。 (Well, your cauliflower was a little off so you used wine vinegar to boil it, correct? Vinegar acted as a bleaching agent, so it preserved its color nicely. The aftertaste of the vinegar accentuated the sweetness of the cauliflower. The vegetables' sweetness and the slight acidity of the vinegar created a perfect match, flavor-wise.)