The Man Called Carnage

When we got inside, there was someone in the kitchen cleaning dishes. He had spiked red hair and I instantly recognized him: it was the former second seat on the Council of Ten and another inspiration for me to get in the kitchen: Joichiro Saiba.

Soma: お父さん?! (Dad?!)

Saiba: 息子! (Son!)

Souma and his dad hug as I was start-struck. I finally got to meet another chef who inspired me.

Saiba: あなたは誰、若い男ですか? (Who are you, young man?)

I was frozen in excitement I couldn't speak.

Saiba: さて、私の時間を無駄にする点はありません。 (Well, no point in wasting my time.)

He was about to walk away but I had to say something before he did.

Y/N: サー? (Sir?)

Saiba: はい? (Yes?)

Y/N: 私はちょっと子供だったので私はプレイドーであなたの最大のレシピを模倣しようとしていました。 あなたは私が台所の中に入るためのインスピレーションでした。 そして私は私を刺激してくれてありがとうと言いたいです。 (I must say, I have been trying to imitate your greatest recipes with play doh since I was a little kid. You were an inspiration for me to get inside the kitchen. And I wanna say thank you for inspiring me.)

Saiba: あなたの名前? (Your name?)

Y/N: あなたの名前の姓、サー。 それはあなたに会えての名誉です。 (Y/N L/N, sir. It's an honor to meet you.)

We both shook hands and I have to say, he was such a good man. He took it easy on me since it was my first time meeting him.

Saiba: 座る。 (Sit down.)

I sat down with him and we got to catch up.

Saiba: 私はあなたを覚えていると思います。 あなたは何年も前にあなたが尊重したとき、あなたはパーティーにいました。 (I think I remember you. You were at the party when Erina gave you respect a couple years ago.)

Y/N: それは正しい、サー。 (That's correct, sir.)

Saiba: 私に陽一郎を呼んでください。 (Please, call me Joichiro.)

Y/N: ヨチコイロ、これはあなたにとって衝撃かもしれませんが、私は実際にはエリーをデートしています。 (Joichiro, this might be a shock for you, but I'm actually dating Erina.)

Saiba: 何?! どうやって起こりましたか? (What?! How did that happen?)

Y/N: 彼女が子供だったとき、彼女はおそらく同じ闘争をしていると言ってみましょう。 それは私が彼女を尋ねなければならなかったとき、ええ。 一緒にいます。 (Let's say she probably has the same struggles when she was a kid and we sort of became friends at first, but after a while there was this chemistry she and I had. That's when I had to ask her out and, yeah. We're together.)

Saiba: こんにちは、私は尋ねるのを忘れました、お母さんはどうですか? (Hey, I forgot to ask, how's your mom?)

He asked that and I just remembered. I was shook, but I didn't let my emotions get to me.

Saiba: ごめんなさい。 二度と尋ねません。 (I'm sorry. I won't ask again.)

Y/N: いいえ。大丈夫です。 彼女は死んでいません。 さらに悪いことは、彼女が癌を持っているということです。 (No. It's fine. She's not dead. What's even worse is that she has cancer.)

Saiba: ああ。 私はとても申し訳ありません。 私はあなたのために祈ります。 (Oh. I'm so sorry Y/N. I'll pray for you.)

Y/N: ありがとうございました。 私はあなたに電話することができますか? 「チョ "? (Thank-you, Jo. Can I call you that? "Jo"?)

Saiba: あなたはできます。 それはあなたにとってより簡単ですので私はそれを許可します。 他人に参加したいですか? 彼らは2階のパーティーを持っています。 (You can. It's easier for you so I'll allow it. Want to join the others? They have a party upstairs.)

Y/N: そうは思わない。 私は朝早く地区に起きなければならない。 (I don't think so. I gotta get up early in the morning into the district to buy groceries for my date with Erina.)

Saiba: どこに行われますか? (Where is it taking place?)

Y/N: それは私の母と最初のアパートになるでしょう。 その後、うまくいけば、次にレストランをします。 (It'll be at my mom and I's apartment first. Then, if it works, we'll do a restaurant next.)

Saiba: 良い計画。 私があなたの年齢だったときそれは素晴らしかった。 (Good plan. It worked out great when I was your age.)

Y/N: 本当に? (Really?)

Saiba: ええ、それは最初の災害でしたが、私たちは越えてそれを修正しました。 (Yeah, it was a disaster at first but we fixed it by starting over.)

Y/N: ジョ、私はあなたが戸棚アカデミーの一員で、ゲストジャッジとしての一部でした。 誰もがそれについて恍惚となるでしょう。 (Jo, I wish you were a part of Totsuki Academy as a guest judge. Everyone would be ecstatic about it.)

Saiba: 私は知っていますが、世界中のオファーで、私はできません。 (I know, but with offers around world, I won't be able to.)

Y/N: 大丈夫です、わかりました。 まあ私はいくつかの睡眠をとらえなければならない。 私はここに乗った後は少し疲れています。 (It's alright, I understand. Well I gotta get some sleep. I'm a bit exhausted after the ride here.)

Saiba: 大丈夫。 私はあなたに行かせます。 (Alright. I'll let you go.)

Y/N: 私が行く前に待って、私はあなたと一緒に写真を撮ることができますか? (Wait, before I go, can I take a picture with you?)

Saiba: を確認してください。 (Sure.)

I pulled out my phone and we took a selfie. It was awesome to take a picture with a chef I looked up to for so long!)

Before I walked up the stairs, I asked one more question.

Y/N: チョ? (Jo?)

Saiba: ええ? (Yeah?)

Y/N: エリナで私の日付の前に彼女のために料理をしているのは、私のためにアドバイスを持っていますか? (Before my date with Erina and I'm cooking for her, do you have any advice for me?)

Saiba: 料理や愛のために? (For cooking or love?)

Y/N: 料理。 (Cooking.)

Saiba: あなたが料理をするとき、情熱を持って調理する。 それはあなたがあなたのキャリアを愛している皆さんに言う。 人々があなたが選んだものに満足しない時代があるでしょうが、あなたはそれがこの料理の世界でそれを作るのに必要なものを持っていることを示す必要があります。 (When you cook, cook with passion. That tells everyone that you love your career. There will be times where people won't be happy with what you chose, but you have to show that you have what it takes to make it in this culinary world.)

Y/N: ありがとうございました。 (Thank-you sir.)

I walked up the stairs, went to my bedroom, laid on my bed and fell asleep. Still, I can't believe I've met one of my inspirations to work in the kitchen, in the flesh.

They say never meet your heroes, but tonight, I've met one of mine.