Loss

When we got to the hospital, we talked to the doctor.

Erina: Y/N.

Y/N: Tell me the news, dammit.

Erina looked like she wanted to cry her eyes out as the doctor told me the worst.

Doctor: あなたの名前、ごめんなさい。 十分な時間はありませんでした。 (Y/N, I'm sorry. There wasn't enough time.)

I couldn't take it as I was about to go insane.

Y/N: いいえ! (No!)

I was so angry and upset Erina tried to comfort me the best she could, but she couldn't stop the tears that were running down my face.

My mom had died. I was so angry at myself for not being there sooner.

Y/N: It's my fault! I should've been here instead of our date!

Erina hugged me like it was no tomorrow as she told me this.

Erina: It was not your fault, Y/N. You did not know it was going to happen.

Y/N: Maybe, but I still should've been here!

She kissed my head as I just cried with no off switch.

Turned out there was complications with another recent surgery, among other things. My mom's face looked like she's been dead for 20 years that I didn't want an open coffin at the funeral. I had to just sit there and take it.

What I learned in life, even in the culinary world, you just have to eat shit and like it. Unlike the candy bar that was accidentally dropped in the pool in "Caddyshack", I just tried it, and I will tell you, it didn't taste that bad.

I called the Aldini brothers first to let them know what happened and they were so sad that they had to send their thoughts and prayers which I felt so appreciative.

Then, I had to call Soma, Gin, and my roommates at Polar Star that my mom had passed away.

Soma: こんにちは? (Hello?)

Y/N: 相馬。 それはあなたの名前です。 みんなの周りですか? 私をスピーカーに入れてほしい。 (Soma. It's Y/N. Is everyone around? I want you to put me on speaker.)

Soma: 大丈夫ですか? (Are you okay?)

Y/N: スピーカーに私を入れてください! (Just put me on speaker!)

Soma: わかりました。 (Okay.)

He had everyone come downstairs to hear what I had to say.

Soma: あなたは何を言いたいですか? (What do you wanna say?)

Y/N: 私の母は戦いを失いました! (My mom lost the battle!)

Soma: ああ私の神々! (Oh my Gods!)

What I heard from the others was a couple cries and gasps.

Soma: あなたの名前 あなたが必要とするものは何でもここにいます。 (Y/N. Whatever you need, we're here.)

Y/N: みんなありがとう。 私たちは数週間で葬儀をするでしょう。 これは私が扱うのは難しいことですので、私をあなたの祈りに保ちます。 (Thank you guys. We'll be having the funeral in a couple weeks. Just keep me in your prayers as this is a difficult thing for me to handle.)

Soma: 問題ありません。 あなたは私たちの兄弟です。 お互いをサポートしています。 (No problem. You're our brother. We support each other.)