Semifinals

From what I heard, Takimi had lost his shokugeki with a guy named Subaru. And I know that Soma is facing him next and I wish him luck.

However, I had to face Akira Hyama in the Semifinals with a dish of my choosing in Western cooking, and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm gonna make.

What I plan on making is a staple in Rome and it's one of the oldest dishes in the history of Italian cuisine: Carbonara.

Thing is, I already have the meat down, which is guanciale, and I had to let that marinate with garlic, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper.

Now, a lot of people, including Italian restaurants in America, use bacon, but the thing about bacon is that it doesn't work because the bacon is smoked, and that's not what the dish is supposed to have.

I'm definitely gonna go hard on the pepper because in Rome, Italians love their pepper and I'm gonna add so much it's gonna make Akira feel like his dish is child's play!

Also, for the pasta, thanks to my aunt sending me the ingredients I need, I'm gonna be using a dry spaghetti pasta that is often used in my family and it's the best pasta to have when eating Italian food: La Molisana.

La Molisana pasta is made in the pasta capital of the world in Molise, Italy has simple ingredients: 100% drum wheat semolina flour and it's very high in protein and it's very delicious when taken a bite out of it. I highly recommend buying it, it's so good.

Regardless of the shokugeki, I plan on making Italy proud with this Carbonara as I'm gonna have Takumi, Isami, and Megumi join me by trying out three extra dishes I plan on making for them while there will be five dishes, one for the four judges and one especially for Gin, Mizuhara, and Inui, who I think would absolutely love what I plan on cooking.

I even heard that Hyama had defeated Hisako in the Quarterfinals with a burger that I don't even want to know about because it sounded a bit gross and I wanted to remember how burgers were made in America.

~One Day Later~

It was today as I got to the arena and met with Erina and the others.

I couldn't wait to make Carbonara, mostly because it's an Italian staple and I want it to be the dish to have me move onto the finals and claim the number one seat of the ten.

Anyway, after Hyama made his way to his station, I was prepared to go to mine as the ingredients I have were already at my cooking station.

As my music played, I looked at Takumi, Megumi, and Isami who were confident enough to see me make this Carbonara. Thing is, I'll be using garlic as an aromatic, rather than an ingredient. What I plan on doing is adding the garlic clove to the pan where I'm having the guanciale's fat turn into an oil in a cast iron skillet.

The lyrics were sung from the speakers...

Not really, I'm just save the time for everyone and not write out the lyrics, but after a while with the chorus, the four of us entered the arena, as Megumi held a Totsuki-Gun towel that my aunt had made, showing it off.