Funeral

It was 29 more minutes until the funeral started. I was standing near the coffin of my mom. It was so hard to believe that the one person who cared for me for 16 years was taken away.

All the guests were arriving, including the entire Polar Star Dorm, Totsuki-Gun members Takumi and Isami Aldini, Ikumi Mito, surprisingly, Hisako, Gin Dojima, Hinako Inui, as the pleasant woman she is, the students from Totsuki in their school uniform, even some elite graduates came to support me.

Soma: Y/N!

Soma came up and bro hug me.

Soma: 今日ごめんなさい。 大丈夫ですか? (I'm sorry for today. Are you doing okay?)

Y/N: そこに着くでしょう。 (I'll get there.)

Still deep down inside, I had intense anger over the cancer that killed her. It wasn't a human being, it was a disease that had a cure but there wasn't enough time.

Ikumi was next and she hugged me, same with Ryoko, Yūki, Shun, Daijo, Shoji, Satoshi, Megumi, and Fumio landed a kiss on me cheek with a hug.

Gin shook my hand, Isami and Takumi hugged me with support. Hinako was so sweet, she hugged me, and held my hands saying if I ever needed anything at all, I'd go to her. Joichiro shook my hand gave me some words of encouragement.

Joichiro: 私はあなたが良い一日を過ごしていることを祈っていますが、今ではありませんが。 (I'm praying that you have a good day, although it's not right now.)

Y/N: ありがとうチョ。 (Thanks Jo.)

Unbelievably, surprisingly, Chef KOJIRO SHINOMIYA came up to me. I was not expecting him to come to the funeral. He still looked like he hated me in his eyes, but what he did shocked me. He held up his hand and said...

Kojiro: 私たちはお互いが好きではないことを知っていますが、私があなたのお母さんに起こったことを聞いたとき、私はフランスから葬儀へずっと来る必要がありました。 私はあなたと斧を埋めたいと思います、そして多分私達は友達になることができます。 あなたは何と言いますか? (I know we don't like each other, but when I heard what happened to your mom, I had to come all the way from France to the funeral. I want to bury the hatchet with you and maybe we can be friends. What do you say?)

I was shocked. I knew he did try to murder me, but I can tell in his eyes, he wanted forgiveness. How can I say "yes" to him after he brought the Yakuza to beat my ass? I shook his hand and said this...

Y/N: 私を約束するあなたはもう刺客を雇うことはありません。 それは私にとって悲しい日です、そして、私はそれのためにあなたにとってぴったりです。 あなたが再び私にしたことをしたら、私はいくつかの賢明なものとフランスに行きます、そして私は彼らの前であなたを倒します。 あなたは私を理解しますか? (Promise me you won't hire any more thugs. It's a sad day for me and I'm only being nice to you because of that. If you do what you did to me again, I'll go to France with some wiseguys, and I will beat you in front of them. Do you understand me?)

Kojiro: はい。 私はしません。 この後にそれについて聞くことはできません。 (Yes. I won't. You won't be hearing about that after this.)

He let go of my hand and walked away as I stared him down.

Y/N: I just wanna bust his head.

~11:30 AM~

The service began with a tribute video, made by my ROOMMATES?! What the hell? How did they make a video and get the pictures? But when they presented it, I wanted to cry.