Quarterfinals

(A/N: Here's a chapter after all this waiting. I hope you enjoy it!)

This competition has been hectic lately, meaning not just my shokugeki with Ryo, I had to do a lot of research on Ramen and try to make it right.

I also learned how to make it all from scratch, including the broth, the chasheu, toppings, including the NOODLES. Thing is, I prepped these guys the day before because I learned I can leave them in the fridge for a couple hours, which you can get away with, but leaving them in the fridge overnight is the most preferable way so I did that to keep it as traditional as possible.

I don't want there to be any screw ups because I did 20 hours worth of research and I'm not calling the ramen I'm making authentic, I'm calling my ramen "Japanese inspired".

This is something for me: I'm not calling any Japanese food I make "authentic". I feel like when a gaijin, or foreigner, make Asian food, put random ingredients into the dish and call it authentic, that's not authentic. That's just a damn mixture of everything Asian!

That's right, I'm looking at you Jamie Oliver! I'm not following any of your shit Asian recipes! You can claim that you make authentic Asian food, but spoiler alert, that's food I'd rather feed to the dogs at the animal shelter!

I want every single ingredient to be very correct and not anything that's either Chinese, American, English, Italian or whatever.

Also, for this ramen recipe, I won't be wasting anything in this kitchen, especially in this tournament. That's the main thing I wanna do: maximize all the ingredients I have in every recipe I have in this tournament and show that I can be a great cook when I need to be.

After some time preparing my ingredients, Soma was to battle Alice Nakiri and there are four quarterfinal matches: Souma v Alice, Subaru v Takumi, Ryo v myself, and Akira v Zenji. Of course I'm rooting for Takumi and Megumi because they're my Totsuki-Gun stablemates.

Let's go to the tournament.

A very hard rock song played and it was Soma's entrance music. I thought it was cool.

Urara: 以下の食品戦争は1つの勝利のために予定されています。 初めての紹介:東京、日本、相馬ゆきらさ! (The following food war is scheduled for one win. Introducing first: from Tokyo, Japan, Soma Yukihira!)

As he was introduced, a happy k-pop theme was playing I knew it was Alice's theme.

Urara: そして彼の相手、東京、日本、アリス・ナキリ! (And his opponent, from Tokyo, Japan, Alice Nakiri!)

There was a mix of cheers and boos from the crowd. I didn't know she could be quite hated at this school. Urara started announcing that their match's concept was a Bento box? What kind of dish is that?

And of course, Zenji, since his match is in two weeks, he had to get involved and tell me that a Bento box is a Japanese style lunchbox with meats or fish, sides and flavor. That came out of nowhere, so... here's a commercial that I want made:

Have you ever wonder how life can have such craziness? For example, if a paper in my hand is the script to this commercial just doesn't matter anyway, oh, it's gone. Now I don't have anything to read. You know how this came out of my hand? It's because STUFF JUST HAPPENS. Do you have a case of stuff just happening out of nowhere? Well, if you do, dial the number on your screen. It is 1-800-STUFF-JUST-HAPPENS. Someone is waiting to take your call.

Onto the match, Souma Yukihira vs Alice Nakiri was a blast. I gotta say, it's the match of the night, unlike myself vs Ryo, we'll get to that later on, but I wanna focus on Souma's match.