Chapter Sixteen

Kim SeokJin

Kim SeokJin quickly parked his car and slammed the door. He walked at a quick pace inside the house.

"Hello Sir."

"Not now Mary, where is my mother?" He said.

Mary looked at Seokjin in shock, she knew from a well know face that he was upset. She started working for the Kim's in 1998 when she first came to South Korea. She came from the states as an Illegal immigrant. The Kim's helped her get a green card and decided to let her work for them.

"Kim SeokJin." She said.

"NOT NOW!" He yelled.

Mary kicked his leg causing him to groan.

"Now, before you go into your mothers office to yell think about what you are doing." She said.

Kim SeokJin sighed and sat down.

"Now tell me what's going on." She said.

"I just want them to let me be with who I want to be with. They don't want me with a poor girl or no offense  a black women." He said.

Mary raised her eyebrows in shock. They have a problem with him liking a black women? She didn't know how to respond since they treat her like family.

"I'm sure they have there reasons Seokjin." She said.

"Mary why can't they let me love who I love? I don't even know why they  care now." He asked.

"You're older now Seokjin, so I'll tell you what's going on...you are the only child. The first born to be exact, your father has been battling cancer for years. He doesn't have long, that's why they're pushing you to run the company." She explained.

"What...Dad has cancer?" He asked.

"Yes, your mother is under a lot of stress right now. That's why Mr.Kim is never home he's overseas for treatment. " She said.

Seokjin eyes began to water as Mary rubbed his back. He hated his parents but at the end of the day it was his parents.

"As for the girl thing, you might want to put it on hold for a few months." She said.

Seokjin sighed. Mary was right who knows the amount of stress his mother was under at this point.

"Ok, todays not the day...I'll keep my distance from her for a few months but thats it two months top." He said.

"Ok, you're doing a good thing Seokjin." She said.

Seokjin stood up and hugged Mary tight. She was more of a mother than his own could have ever been. He left his house and called Soleen.

"Hey Jin." She said.

"Hey, can you meet me at the cafe?" He asked.

"Sure." She said.

Soleen hung up and Seokjin sighed.

Soleen Roy

Soleen quickly got dressed and went to the cafe. She ordered her usual and sat down waiting for Seokjin. She was curious as to why he wanted to meet. Especially when he could've went to her dorm.