Chapter 17

"Let me go!" I screamed as I felt fingers latch around me.

Stabbing the hand with my sword, it had no effect as I got closer to that disgusting mouth of a titan.

It opened wide, I could smell the blood from other soldiers as anger fuelled me.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE! FUCK OFF! I MADE IT THIS FAR, AND AN UGLY PIECE OF SHIT LIKE YOU CAN'T STOP ME!" I didn't care how much I cursed, I made it this far and I wasn't willing to die now.

I maneuvered the blade in my hand so I was gripping it with the blade facing downwards.

I cried out in rage as I dragged the sword along the tendons in the fingers as the hand loosened around me.

The mouth was waiting beneath me but I shouted in determination as I pulled on the trigger, a cable snapping out as it sunk into another titan and I zipped off, barely avoiding getting my legs snapped.

Hands reached for me, but years and years of training came rushing back despite the pain.

Adrenaline filled me and it was all I needed as I avoided all the hands reaching for me, cutting through them, soaking myself with blood.

I jumped from titan to titan before shooting the cable to the wall.

It hung on as I shot off, leaving the titans behind as I landed on the wall

Maybe because the adrenaline had worn off, my leg just gave out as I fell a little.

I felt the shadow of a titan hand loom over me before I shot the cables again and launched myself upwards.

The hand clamped around nothing as I ignored all feeling and kept climbing.

As the cables hooked onto the top of the wall, I used the gas at full power and launched myself over and into the safety of the wall.

However, I used too much gas as I completely flew over the wall and fell down.

Grappling with the gear, I pulled the triggers hard and watched it shoot off into the wall and lodge itself.

The tug around my waist made me cry out in pain as my broken ribs screamed in agony.

The wind whooshed out of my lungs as I crashed into the wall.

I struggled to breathe, being winded for like the third time as black spots clouded my vision.

Growling lightly, I shook off the gnawing darkness, threatening to drag me under as I concentrated on getting back.

"What was that?" I heard someone shout, only making my headache worse.

"Damnit." I whispered as I played with the triggers, slowly lowering myself to the ground.

The moment my feet even grazed the ground, my knees gave out as I fell onto my back, staring at the sky.

"Captain! It's a scout!" Someone said as I breathed heavily, staring at the sun.

It felt unreal, like a dream.

I made it.

"They're part of the Survey Corps!" The same voice exclaimed as I looked at the side, eyes falling on multiple faces staring at me with awe and shock.

"Levi..." I whispered as I heard the sound of footsteps coming closer to me.

Suddenly, someone raised me to my feet, grabbed the front of my uniform and pulled me upright as I stared into the face of Woermann.

His eyes were wide with fear as he stared at me.

"Who are you? How did you find your way back into the walls? Are you allied with the titans? Answer me!" He screamed in my face, only resulting in a huge migraine.

I had never personally liked Woermann, he was always too scared, hiding behind the role of a Garrison captain to hide from the titans while we scouts were sent out on expeditions, trying to find more knowledge on those beasts in order to save humanity.

As hard as I could, I smacked Woermann's hand aside as he flinched, taking two steps back as I coughed, breathing heavily as I glared at him.

"Take me to Levi Ackerman." I ordered the man, not caring about status for a second.

I was too scared that the darkness would truly swoop in and claim me before I had the chance to talk to Levi.

"A-Answer me first! Who are you? How did you make it back here?" Woermann asked as I snapped at him.

"Y/n L/n. Humanity's Second Strongest! Part of the Levi Squad!" I screamed at Woermann as my knee buckled slightly as I limped on one foot.

"So let me say this one more time. Take me to Levi." I said as I got up into Woermann's face, the aura emitting off of me was deadly.

"The Y/n L/n?"

"She's the second strongest?"

"Impossible."

"The Survey Corps came back yesterday..."

"She survived beyond the walls... by herself."

Woermann continued to stare at me with fearful eyes before grabbing a gun off a cadet next to him, pointing the barrel towards me.

I was too tired to even try to take it off him.

"Liar! How do we not know you're a spy? Maybe you're one of those titan-shifters like that Eren Yeager! I can execute you for suspicion of fraud and for disrespecting a high commanding captain!" Woermann shouted at me as everyone flinched.

This was why he wouldn't survive a minute out in the real world.

He would be too frightened to think about his actions.

I couldn't even fight back as the darkness was threatening to come even closer now, the world slightly spinning again.

Through the haze, I saw Woermann slightly apply more pressure on the trigger when an all-too familiar voice broke the silence.

"What the hell is going on here?" A voice said from behind me when I gasped slightly, heart clenching up at the sound of his voice.

"Levi..." I mumbled as I turned around and saw him.

"What do you want-" Levi started but when he saw me, he stumbled.

"Y/n?" Levi asked and that was enough for me as I finally let my legs give out from under.

Before I could hit the ground, someone caught me as Levi stared down at me with worry in his eyes.

"Shit." He mumbled as my breathing got shallower, I could feel something wet and sticky running down my face.

Blood.

"Who's blood is this?" Levi asked, eyes hard and filled with worry.

"Would you believe me if I said the titans?" I tried joking but it only resulted in a terrible coughing fit.

"Someone get Hange!" Levi shouted, but it was muffled, a faint ringing behind his voice.

"Shit. Y/n." Levi said one more time as he stared at me with a mixture of fear, shock and awe.

I let out a small chuckle.

"I should be honoured. The Levi Ackerman is worried about me." I said as Levi scowled.

"Shut up and don't talk. Hange's on her way." Levi snapped but it didn't erase the worry in his tone.

"I'm fine." I said as Levi stared at me with disbelief.

"Goddammit Y/n. If you don't want to be a burden, just admit that you need help." Levi mumbled out.

"How could I? Nobody came to find me-" I started but paused as pain flashed through Levi's eyes.

I was going to reassure him everything was fine, but it was most definitely not.

Not when everything was going dark.

"I'm sorry, Levi. For everything." I whispered out before closing my eyes, surrendering to the nagging darkness as I swear I could hear someone calling my name, but I was already falling, way out of reach.