Chapter 27

"That over there is the least manned checkpoint around." Marlo said as we looked at the camp the Military Police had set up.

"All right, we'll handle it ourselves." Levi said from beside me as Marlo and Hitch looked at Levi.

"Get back to your squad before it's suspicious." Levi instructed as they nodded.

"Yes, sir." They said as they crept back before pausing as Levi called their names.

"Marlo, Hitch. We're grateful." He said as they blinked in surprise before saluting.

"Sir!" They replied before going back.

"Let's go! It's our turn to pick a fight!" Levi shouted to the others as they nodded, making their way across.

I pouted beside Levi.

"Do I get a thank you? I was the main part in capturing Hitch and Marlo." I whined as Levi rolled his eyes.

"Just do your job, brat." Levi said as I rolled my eyes back in response.

"Course, sir." I said sarcastically and made my way to Sasha, Connie and Jean.

"So, who's ready for this?"

- - Time skip - - 

We raided the checkpoint, which wasn't exactly all too hard.

I was clearing up, everyone else back on top of a hill as I came across someone who was still conscious, and wore Interior Police uniform.

"Huh? You're still awake?" I asked as I sighed, grabbing him by the collar of his jacket.

"Okay, you're coming with me." I said as he struggled weakly in my grip.

I heard the sound of a gun training on me as I made myself known.

"It's your favourite!" I said as the man struggled in my grip.

"Hey, stay still!" I said, throwing him in front of me and blew a strand of hair out of my face.

"Y/n-san, he's..." Armin started as I nodded.

"With the Interior Police. A few questions can't hurt." I said as Levi nodded.

"Let's move." Levi said as we carried on.

- - Time skip - -

"Stop it..." The man from the Interior Police croaked out as Levi kicked him in the face before crouching down in front of him.

"Where's Eren and Historia?" Levi asked as the man chuckled weakly.

"Oh, you're so brave. That checkpoint back there was just recruits who could barely wipe their own ass." He said as Levi gave him a deadpanned look.

"You think you're some sort of a hero, beating them down?" He asked as Levi stood back up.

"What an atrocious thing we've done." Levi said sarcastically before slamming his foot into the man's mouth.

I saw Petra and the others wince slightly, turning away from the sight.

"But what's more atrocious is this mouth of yours. I recommend you start talking while you're still about to use it. Where is Eren and Historia?" Levi questioned again, pulling his foot away.

The man coughed several times, blood leaking down his chin.

"It's no use! All that's left for you now is to run and hide inside these walls, covered in mud and shit! If you don't turn yourselves in, every last Scout we captured will get the noose!" The man shouted and I had to give it to him.