Chapter 5

- - 4 years after joining the Survey Corps - -

The loud sound of the bell tolling echoed around us.

"Thirty seconds until the gates open! All troops, prepare to move out!" Erwin announced from the front as I heard Hange sigh in boredom.

"Oh man... I'm so excited!" Hange said before perking up and looking at Levi.

"Hey, Levi." Hange started but Levi interrupted.

"Not a chance." He said as Hange gave him a confused look.

"I haven't even said anything yet." Hange said as Levi just kept his eyes trained on the massive wall.

"You want me to help you capture a titan. That'd be a major pain in the ass for me." Levi said in a dead tone as Hange turned to Mike.

"What about you, Mike? You in?" Hange asked, Mike only scoffing and turning away.

Hange blinked before sighing.

"Dull answers from dull men, like always." Hange said as I giggled lightly.

Hange heard as she looked at me, shooting a smile.

"You'll help out mama Hange, won't you, Y/n?" Hange asked as I laughed again.

Hange had to be one of my closest friends, other than Levi. I was basically adopted by her after she found me.

"If it's what my superior commands, I can't exactly reject can I." I answered, not giving a real answer, but it seemed enough for Hange.

She pumped her fists into the air, celebrating.

However, the loud creaking drowned out Hange's small celebration party as I looked at the opening gates.

"We will now begin our 49th reconnaissance mission! Move out!" Erwin announced as the horses charged forward, the sound of hooves clapping like thunder the only noise you could hear.

It's been three years since the fateful day when Wall Maria had fallen. I still wouldn't forget that day. Titans had completely overtaken the city and dead bodies were everywhere.

However, somebody speeding on beside me broke me out of my thoughts.

Hange accelerated even further, galloping past Erwin who blinked in shock before calling her name.

Hange, being Hange, ignored Erwin.

"Hey, titans! I'm coming to meet you!"

- - Time skip - -

I was grooming the horses when the sound of a gun and a red flare in the sky caught my attention.

"The forest! They're here!" Mike shouted as I immediately grew aware of my surroundings.

I was going to go find Levi but suddenly, a voice made me stop.

"Captain, it's dangerous to go out there alone!"

"Erwin, I'm going!" Hange announced out of the blue as I saw her mount a horse and speed towards the forest,

I was glad I was next to my horse, as I mounted her immediately, snapping the reins as I took off after Hange.

"Wait, Hange!" Erwin shouted before blinking in shock as I zipped past him too.

"I'll make sure Hange isn't killed!" I shouted back as I sped towards her.

"Hange!" I shouted as the crazy titan-loving maniac kept moving forward, entering the thick forest as I cursed under my breath and followed.

I kept my senses high and alert.