Chapter 36

I swung my blade, cutting off the fingers on the titan as I fumbled with the triggers.

It shot off into a nearby tree as I was launched towards the tree, dragged along the ground.

However, I didn't see another titan as it came out from behind the tree and reached for me.

I didn't have time to move, no time to react as stubby fingers wrapped around, swiping me up from the ground as I was brought closer to the looming cavern of death.

I'm going to die. That was the thought that crossed my mind as I closed my eyes and braced myself for death.

"Wait." A voice called out from nowhere as suddenly I stopped moving.

I didn't want to open my eyes, but decided to peek through as I slowly opened my eyes to see the titans mouth still wide open, but I wasn't moving any closer to my death.

I was breathing heavily, from both adrenaline and fear when there was a large shadow from behind me and a small gust of wind.

I looked behind my shoulder and eyes flew wide as I saw a titan looming over me.

The titan itself was squatting down, yet looked as tall as the height of an average 10 meter titan.

It had fur covering it's body and it was staring at us.

T-The titan... No, it wasn't the titan that spoke. My thoughts were running in my head.

"I'm going to have to steal that weapon of yours." The titan suddenly spoke up, interrupting my thoughts as everything went silent.

I'm dead. Or hallucinating. I thought as I stared at the huge titan in absolute fear.

H-How is it talking? Since when could titans talk? This makes no sense!

"Are you also frightened? That reminds me of the other person." The titan said as I was still rendered speechless in shock but at the mention of someone else, it made me blink.

"W-What do you mean other person?" I stammered out as the titan looked me straight in the eyes.

"So you can talk too." The titan mused, making a shiver run down my spine.

"What person? Someone's met you before?" I asked when suddenly I was pulled.

I was coming closer to the mouth of the titan holding me when the huge, fur-covered titan, reached down and grabbed the titan by the head.

"I told you to wait." The titan said as it tore the head off the smaller tighten as I fell onto the round, the dead titan falling right next to me.

I was breathing heavily, staring at the dead corpse before looking up at the huge titan.

"What person? Answer me? Are there more traitors?" I asked as the titan let out a sigh.

"So many questions." The titan said as I clenched my fists tightly.

"So unlike the other person. He hid in fear, cowering. Only started screaming when I sent the titans to tear him apart." The titan said as I stilled.

"W-What?" I asked as the titan sighed.

"Why do you devils make me repeat myself?" The titan asked as i pushed myself onto my feet.

"Who?" I demanded, forgetting the fact that I was trying to pick a fight with a titan who stood at close to 17 meters tall.

"Some blond hair man. Dark mustache and beard." The titan said as I stilled, the wind flapping out m blood-drenched coat.

"M-Mike." I whispered out as the titan tilted its head to the side.