Chapter 24

We had our plan set in motion and had arrived Trost by midday.

"Try not to stand in a cluster. We'll stand out." Levi said as I slowed down my pace a little.

"Eren and Historia, just walk normal." Levi said as I looked at Jean and Armin who were presumably Eren and Historia.

Jean had a deep scowl on his face, not exactly enjoying the part he was playing while Armin was trying hard not to let his fear show.

I slowed down to stand beside them.

"If you guys aren't up to it, we can change the plan now." I said as Jean scoffed while Armin shook his head.

"N-No, Y/n-san. It's perfectly fine." Armin replied as I looked at Jean.

"Jean, if you keep scowling like that, you'll be intimidating Levi not Eren." I said as I raised a hand to smooth out his brows.

"Y-Y/n-san!" Jean said, face flushing red as I scoffed.

"Jean, you won't be able to get yourself a girl if you can't handle some friendly touch." I said, flicking him in the forehead.

Jean was flustered but suddenly he straightened out a look of fear crossing his face as I looked up and found Levi looking back at us.

His deadly glare was on Jean as I rolled my eyes.

"We'll begin handing out rations!" A voice shouted as we all turned to see MP's stadning on a stage.

"King Fritz has heard of Trost District's hardship and will donate the royal family's reserves!" The Military Police announced as everyone gasped in delight.

"There's enough for everyone! Line up orderly!" The MP said as everyone was whispering and cheering.

"Thank goodness!"

"Long live King Fritz!"

"What a King! He sure is generous!" Sasha said as Levi scoffed.

"He's got more than he knows what to do with. People are weak, especially when baited with food." Levi said as we continued on.

We were walking when suddenly Levi stopped.

I stopped too, warning bells going off my head.

"Watch out! Behind us!" Levi shouted as a wagon came speeding towards us.

I pulled Sasha and Connie out the way before they could be plowed by the horse.

Jean and Armin were pulled up onto the wagon as Sasha called out.

"Armin-" Sasha started as I nudged her softly making her pause, eyes widening in shock.

"I mean, Christa and Eren! They got snatched away again!" Sasha shouted as we rushed after them, entering an abandoned alleyway to switch to ODM gear.

We maintained distance but followed from behind as they pulled up into a building, dragging Jean and Armin in with them.

Landing on a window, I watched as Jean and Armin were tied to seats.

I knew this was necessary but after watching one of the men start harassing Armin, I wanted to rush in their and snap his head off.

"Mikasa, let's go." I said in a tight voice as Mikasa and I both made our way to Levi.

We landed on the roof as I clenched my fists in anger.

"How's it going inside?" Levi asked as Mikasa replied for me.

"If we don't hurry, they'll see through Armin's disguise. And I feel bad for him..." Mikasa said as I slammed my fists on top of the roof.

"I should've gone in Christa's place." I said as Levi shook his head.