Chapter 42

I held tightly onto Levi.

"Don't!" I shouted, as my arms and legs trembled, my heart beating at a rapid speed, tremors of fear racked my body.

Every muscle in Levi's body went limp as his hair waved in the air as I pulled him back.

We stumbled away from the edge as I was breathing heavily.

I kept my hands wrapped around him, scared if I let go, he would disappear.

Slowly, i felt Levi turn, hands reaching up to my trembling fingers, brushing against mine as I let out a shaky breathe.

He turned around, hair hiding his eyes, until slowly, he raised his head, silver-grey eyes meeting up to mine.

They were dull and I could see the pain brimming in his eyes as he stared at me with an emotionless face.

"Y-Y/n?" Levi whispered out as I stared at him.

I opened my mouth, ready to reply but suddenly Levi pushed me away, hands slamming into my shoulders softly as I stumbled back.

"No!" Levi suddenly shouted as he raised his hands to press his eyes into the palm of his hands.

"No..." Levi mumbled as I could see his shoulders shake from his quiet sobs.

"Leave me alone. Just fucking leave me alone! I've had enough! She's not here... You're not real..." Levi mumbled as I felt tears blur my vision as I blinked them away.

"Levi." I said as he pressed his hands against his ears, as if he wanted to block out my voice.

"Go away! You're not real!" Levi shouted as he slumped to his knees.

"Please... Just leave me alone. I'm done with hallucinations..." Levi muttered as his hands dropped beside him as his tears fell to the ground.

Suddenly, there was a large clap of thunder as rain poured down from above.

Levi didn't seem to care at all as he just let the rain seep into his clothes, water dripping from his hair as if he wanted to numb the pain.

Any other day, I would've laughed at such coincidental timing of the weather, but I couldn't feel anything but sadness, pain and fear as I stared at Levi.

He stayed on the ground as I took a small step forward.

Without talking, I stopped in front of him, kneeling down beside him as I outstretched my hands.

Levi's breathing hitched as my hands came in contact with his head.

Slowly, I pulled him softly into a hug, bringing his head into the crook of my neck as I ran a soothing hand into his hair.

Levi was still, when suddenly, his hands wrapped around me, as he pulled me closer.

I didn't talk, just let him cling onto me, his entire body trembling as if he was afraid that I would disappear like a dream.

Thunder rumbled into the sky as Levi clung to me before pulling away.

"I give up." Levi said as he suddenly stood up and turned around, taking a step towards the edge as I leapt forward.

"Levi! It's me! It's really me!" I said, grabbing his hand as he slapped it away.

"Stop! You've said that before! Every time! I'm not falling for it anymore!" Levi said as I stared at him before leaping forward.

I wrapped my arms around him again, making him stumble a step forward, coming closer to the edge as I refused to let go.

"Fine. Don't believe me." I said as I clung to him tightly.