Chapter 20

I had done a few hours worth of paper work before going down to eat.

I thought that maybe I would see Levi during, dinner but unfortunately not.

I waited downstairs in the mess hall, until I sighed and set out to look for him

"Levi." I called knocking on his office.

"Levi, I'm coming in." I said, even though there was no answer.

Pushing back on the door.

I poked my head inside, finding it empty.

Stepping in, I walked to the other door within that lead to Levi's room.

"Levi?" I asked, knocking.

Once again, no answer.

I pushed the door open and stepped into his room, eyes widening in shock as I found it messy.

There were papers all over the floor, his bed wasn't made and books scattered everywhere.

It must've hit him really hard.

Three days after I had returned... was the day when Farlan and Isabel had died, 8 years ago.

Sighing, I was about to clean his room when I heard the sound of water sloshing.

I blinked before walking towards the direction of the bathroom.

I knocked softly on the wood.

"Levi?" I asked again as I only heard the sound of water dripping.

"Levi, I'm coming in." I said as I slowly opened the door.

The room was cold for a bathroom, especially with Levi still in the tub.

However, what caught me off guard was the fact that he was still fully dressed.

"Levi..." I muttered softly as I walked over to him.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, I flinched a little because the water was cold.

How long he'd been sitting here in a cold bath, I didn't know.

"Levi. If you stay in here, you'll catch a cold." I said as Levi didn't answer, only continued to stare at the water.

He gave no indication he heard me as I sighed before stepping into the bath.

"Come on." I said as I pulled Levi up.

He didn't say anything, only stood up as I sighed and brought him to the stool in the bathroom.

"Sit." I instructed as he did as I said, still silent, too far away for me to reach.

I sighed before turning to the bath and drained it.

Turning the tap on, I checked that the temperature was warm and waited for it to fill up.

Looking at my broken hand, I slowly unwrapped the tightly wrapped bandage, testing my wrist slightly.

It's been four weeks for my hand to heal, and although it was a little painful, I could move it around.

I paused looking back at Levi.

I didn't exactly want to undress him, but I didn't exactly want him to go in a bath with his clothes on.

I sighed before deciding to only take his shirt off.

Unbuttoning the wet fabric and discarding it to the side, I dragged Levi back into the bathtub.

He sat down, relaxing a little more in the warm water as I grabbed the bottle of shampoo, pouring into my hand and hesitating for a second before lacing my fingers through his hair.